ATI Stream SDK v2.0 (not beta)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fez, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Because beta support is on the offical release.

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    There, fixed it for you, lol...
    I think we all know that BTW...
    You can either use the beta or the official release. I'm just posting results of the official release, thats all :).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    If we all knew that then why did you ask?

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    christ ATI sucks...

They should hire new driver team fire everyone on ground there now. Anyone here even bothered to check device calls or dll loading before saying 'it's great' I wonder.

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Explain more.

6. XLR8R

XLR8R Member

GPU:
    Asus/6870/1024mb gddr5
    On other thread guys said that problem might be GPU-Z for not showing Open-CL support, so that might be the reason for all this fuss... i'll try Direct compute and see if there might be support...

7. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    hmm..directcompute and opencl benchmark 0.35 wasn't working, but 0.43b does, mby everything is not so bad after all.

8. XLR8R

XLR8R Member

GPU:
    Asus/6870/1024mb gddr5
  9. bpurnomo

bpurnomo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5870 1GB
    Did you read the included documentation with the profiler? In the Getting Started section:
    Getting Started

Before starting to profile, please confirm that you have a successful installation of the plugin:

1. Open a Visual Studio solution file.
    2. Click on Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio. Under the Installed products:, you should find ATI Stream Profiler 1.0. If you don't see it, you need to repeat the installation steps.

To start using the plugin, follow the following steps:

1. Open an OpenCL solution or project file.
    2. Set a startup project by right clicking on a project and select Setup as StartUp Project.
    3. Compile the project and run it. Make sure it can compile and run successfully.
    4. To start profiling, click on the Start Profiling button under the OpenCL Session List panel. An OpenCL Session panel will appear and docked as part of the main document panel. This panel shows the profiling result.
    5. Hover the mouse pointer over the profile header in the OpenCL Session panel to get the description of the counters.
    6. Click on the kernel name (on the first column) to see the ISA and IL code of the kernel. An OpenCL Code Viewer panel will be appear and docked as part of the main document panel.
    7. If you run the kernel in the CPU mode, only the global work size, work group size, local memory, memory transfer size and kernel time statistics will be available.
    8. Note that under the project's directory, a new ProfilerOutput directory is created. The directory holds the profiling result of each session in a csv file.

10. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900
    The 9.12 Hotfix drivers with the ATI Stream SDK 2.0 (non-beta) are a PHENOMENAL combination!!! Everything works flawlessly on my computer now. Tri-Fire scaling with the 5870s is god-like!

Also, the DirectCompute Benchmark is up to v0.45 now :) GPU Caps Viewer is up to 1.8.1 now. The 2.0 (non-beta) does not work with the OpenCL demos on Caps Viewer 1.8.0, but they work with 1.8.1. I can now run the OpenCL and DirectCompute benchmarks on the latest 0.45 version alos, BUT not the combined tests. It only uses "1" GPU. Hopefully, that will be fixed in the next release in a few days.

This is INCREDIBLE performance for only a single GPU! Way to go ATI. You finally got your crap together!

[​IMG]

11. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    yeah, i read that, but there is "click on help", where is that?

12. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    mby combined test works, if u have ati and nvidia, it works for me, but i still don't have opencl support in gpu caps viewer 1.8.1(

13. XLR8R

XLR8R Member

GPU:
    Asus/6870/1024mb gddr5
    Can you run Gpu caps viewer tests? There are openGL tests for CPU and GPU, on my computer there is significant difference. If my CPU can render 6 Fps then GPU can render about 30-40 Fps. On the other hand with 9.12 hotfix i can't manualy set Fan speed in CCC :-/

14. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    no, can't run them, only other tests, without opencl.

15. XLR8R

XLR8R Member

GPU:
    Asus/6870/1024mb gddr5
    Maybe it's your card combo...

16. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    mby, but i tried to remove geforce and all it drivers and checked gpu-z, no opencl support, but didn't tried gpu caps viewer.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i cannot open everest any longer. ive installed 9.12 then 9.12hotfix then these stream 2.0 drivers.

18. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900
  19. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

That is why I had to install the hotfix drivers "by themselves" without the 9.12 whql or any other ATI drivers on the system. If I installed the 9.12 hotfix over other 9.12 whql, I could get anything to work right.

Follow my installation instructions, and you will have no problems, GUARANTEED :banana:

20. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    yeah, but still no support for 4870.