ATI Catalyst 912 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gerardfraser, Dec 17, 2009.

1. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Thanks for the answer

Just one more question, how did you know that the second card went to 725/100 while playing? how did you see that?

Thanks again

2. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    There are many programs to monitor this, I use GPU-Z.

3. junx

junx Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    is the borderlands texture issue fixed?

4. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

yes i believe it is

5. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Any one else having issues with Dragon Age AF??

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I dont have OpenCL so I downloaded the SDK beta but it looks like it is a whole Catalyst driver package in itself so I didn't bother installing.

7. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    You forgot to call the driver police and polish your tinfoil hat......

Oh noooo's you will loose 0.0000035 FPS.....

Dude, seriously, you are nuts, the paranoia of updating drivers never ceases to amaze me.

To remove WDDM drivers go into device manager and uninstall your card from there selecting delete driver software as you go and reboot....Repeat this step until Windows asks you for a driver instead of automatically installing an earlier version. Normally you have to do this only once, but if you have picked up a couple of drivers from somwhere you may have to repaeat. Don't run driversweeper until you have removed these as it can corrupt driver re-installing PERMANENTLY if you delete system and reg files without first removing windows system drivers.

Thats how its always been since XP, so I don't know where pain in the ass edition comes from?

I always remove WDDM drivers, but after that I just install updates over the top, thats what ATI's install manager is designed for so use it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  8. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    I posted a separate thread on my problem, but this is, after all the 9.12 hot fix thread so I'll give it a shot here too.

Briefly, I installed these drivers "over-the-top" of my 9.9's and when I checked the info tab in CCC it showed cat version 9.10. Along with that, my 2nd GPU got stuck at 3d speeds. I've tried the "long" way of driver removal and cleaning (which kitch9- above post- will undeniably criticize), installed official 9.12's but still, even before rebooting after install, the tab still shows cat 9.10.
    I have disable windows optional update of ATI drivers a while ago. But still, it's like something is installing these 9.10's even though I am installing 9.12s.

Please help.

9. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    I have not, however, repeatedly deleted drivers in device manager, as I read some people do, and I have not prevented automatic driver install as I read here as well. Should I try these two things?

10. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Unistall all ATI software from control panel.
    Reboot.
    Goto Hardware - > Graphic card , properties. There is a button "remove all driver files" or something.Say yes
    Reboot
    Now, on hardware your gpu should say "generic vga" and your screen in somew low res like 800x600. If not, you need to use the step above since windows detected ati drivers again.
    Delete all the ATI file folder. on your C drive. This is just a bk copy of all ATI drivers you've installed but just in case.

This works most of the time; the other solution it's fresh windows insstall.
    I wish you luck and hope you have windows updated to latest and windows auto update disabled or just in "only download".....

11. ibitato

ibitato Guest

you need to delete them until gva card says "generic vga" otherwise windows it's loading who-knows-what drivers that finds in who-knows-where ........
    I found this the hard way :(

and yes, no auto install of drivers ....

/BTW
    deleting gva from device manager DOES NOT deletes the driver files, you need to do it manually while the vga it's still there by using the appropiate delete driver files button

12. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SO how exactly should this be done? Go to device manager, display adapters, properties, driver, uninstall and delete driver software? And then what? I mean, you say, "until gva card reads..." but do you mean repeating it right away or reboot and repeat this? I ask because if I remember correctly, I have uninstalled drivers in device manager in the past and then the two 4870x2's disappear. So how can I keep uninstalling "until..."?

Thanks ibitato

13. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    <"/BTW
    deleting gva from device manager DOES NOT deletes the driver files, you need to do it manually while the vga it's still there by using the appropiate delete driver files button">

Can u explain please? Sorry, I'm just not near that computer now so I can't try it now and want to fully understand.
    THX

14. ibitato

ibitato Guest

If you delete the VGA card from the device manager, it just disables the hardware until its detected / enabled again. Because the drivers remain , the vga card will be detected and configured with the drivers you had.

On device manager, on your gpu card(s) (I can't remember the exact place, exact name, since I am at the office, and I work on a Mac) , you select your VGA card, and there is a button to delete driver files or sime like that.

If you do that, and you unistall all software from ati at control panel, once you reboot your vga card will show as a Generic /standard VGA, on device manager, since windows does not have drivers or any means to detect it anymore. This is what you need.

IF this does not happen, you need to repeat the step above, since chances are there are still some drivers lying around. Now, this never happened to me; once I unistalled all ati software at control panel, and delete driver files from device manager; all was gone.

this is the closest will ge to a fresh install wo/ reinstalling windows

15. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    "and you unistall all software from ati at control panel"?

Noob question, last for now, I think: What you mean by "control panel" You mean in the "uninstall programs" of Windows control panel, or the ATI uninstaller?

16. ibitato

ibitato Guest

In control panel, first you unistall all ati software with the ati uninstaller, then you uninstall the uninstaller as well. that is, uninstall all ati software. Think there is an option on the ati uninstaller as well, that says "uninstall all ati software".......

17. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    OK, gonna uninstall with installer, uninstall in control panel, uninstall and delete drivers in device manager, reboot in safemode, run Driver cleaner and CCleaner, reboot normal, install official 9.12's, reboot, install hotfix ... and let you know if it worked.

And to all those kitch9's out there with their "why don't you spin around in circles and hop on one foot chanting ancient indian rhymes smearing maple syrup on your nipples all the while waxing your buttocks...to uninstall your drivers" , sometimes only the long way works so spare me your two cents.

18. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Actually after i did clean install of windows and just install over 9.12 works great to install hotfix etc over the top or backwards. Havent had any crashes issues or whatever, and the new stream driver is awesome if you own amd cpu.:) But direct x 11 gets seriously messed and open cl stream kicks ass frustrating and happy times at the same time.:) Merry christmas.:)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  19. luv2increase

luv2increase Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 - 800/1600/1900

I find that the following is the absolute finest way to uninstall and install ATI drivers:

What you need to do is:

1. uninstall all your drivers - reboot
    2. Run Driver Sweeper 2.1.0 in Admin mode and sweep everything ATI - reboot
    3. Delete all AMD and ATI folders from your OS drive - This will include \Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\ATI & Roaming\ATI as well!
    4. Open up Task Manager, and you will see the first process as atiblahblah.exe. Open up the file location, end the process, and then delete that file along with the other 8-9 ati files right next to it.
    5. Run CCleaner. Run CCleaner Registry Cleaner
    6. Open of your registry -- regedit -- Navigate to LocalMachine\Software\Delete Every Folder ATI & AMD | Navigate to CurrentUser\Software\Delete Every Folder ATI & AMD
    7. Open up Auslogics Registry Cleaner -- Click Advanced Scan -- Check every single box -- Click run and then clean
    8. Logoff
    9. Login
    10. Install 9.12 Hotfix (forget 9.12 whql) (or latest driver)- reboot
    11. Reboot again
    12. Install ATI Stream SDK 2.0 (non-beta) (or latest Stream SDK)
    13. Reboot

edit: If you have AMD CPU, only delete ATI folder in registry.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The registry, services and program folders are all wiped when uninstalling via ATI Install Manager, Appdata folders are not however (Profile settings.) and there might be some registry residue left (It's pretty well cleaned however but older driver stuff might be left, hard to explain.)

Actual driver might still be "cached" with Windows as well.
    (Vista/W7 going to the device manager and deleting the device and ticking "delete driver" will remove this but can take a while if you have a lot of previous drivers installed and want to get rid of them all and back to standard GPU drivers.)

Some people have also reported problems with cleaning software like registry damage but this might have been older programs or versions.
    (Later OS's and X64 systems mainly from what I've read.)