Forceware 19x.xx, modded by Sideband.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by antoine, Jun 17, 2009.

1. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    lol Im heading home in 3 min here. then ill test as soon as i get home. Ill see if it does and of course do a round of tests to see how it works out! :bunch::bunch::bunch::bunch::bunch::bunch::bunch: :bunch::bunch:

3. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    YES!!! :banana: !!!SEY They finaly work there SideBand? how u fix:pc1:

Now lets go test them and see how badass they are :biggun:

4. pdxmark

pdxmark Member

GPU:
    ATI & Nvidia
    If I use Whql Nvidia 186.18 I don't get BSOD in BF2-PR.87. Anything newer than 186 and I'll BSOD at some point within 5 minutes to 1 hour, without fail.

I have a evga 9600GT which will work with every game just fine. It's just this one particular game that has issues with any newer drivers past 186.

I'm going to try your drivers sideband, with BF2-PR and see if it solves my error, which the BSOD states it to be an nvl_4, or something like that. If this errors out, I'll give your the error code.

BTW: What is "removed unnecessary services"? What services is Nvidia putting in their cards that is "unnecessary", if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009

5. pdxmark

pdxmark Member

GPU:
    ATI & Nvidia
    So after install I did a little color balancing and than loaded up BF2-PR. I noticed a difference once I was in-game. The textures are much better then 186.18, by far!
    I noticed something missing. With Nvidia drivers in BF2 alone, there is this twitch that occurs in movement, no matter what Geforce card you have(this is not the case with ATi cards). However, changing to this driver has taken the jitter/stutter away. I now have to believe that Nvidia was purposely not fixing an issue with battlefield2, as now that issue is fixed with your workup. I nee to go test more, but this is a major improvement from 186 and bad Nvidia coding... I love you Sideband!

6. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    I tried your driver but I also do not have an option in the CP to enable SLI. Running windows 7 64-bit, but I do not see a download link for 64-bit, the one you supplied is for windows xp.

I did download the win7 64-bit drivers from the link on the first post, but I do not know if this has been updated to fix the SLI issue, or if you only have updated the win xp drivers.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  7. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Only update xp driver.

8. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    iv been telling everyone in crysis about these drivers. they are steller. no stuter and the game is so good looking. :infinity: keep it up man so good!

9. pdxmark

pdxmark Member

GPU:
    ATI & Nvidia
    I left the PC on for some time, came home and loaded up the game that was crashing with ;latest Nv drivers. I played for 40 minutes, than exited through console exit command, which would always BSOD... Not any more it seems!
    :bigsmile:​

10. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I cannot wait until the win7 64-bit version is released. All 195's have given me stuttering issues in crysis wars, so im still using 191.07's which work without issues but the image quality on the 195's is better.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009

11. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    Any updates on when the win7 64-bit drivers might be released?

12. Threewheels

Threewheels Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 275, 896mb
    I've been using side's drivers for quite some time and have been pretty happy with them. Though I just upgraded to windows 7 64bit, so now have to also wait for side to tweek the 64 bits drivers.

:)

13. pdxmark

pdxmark Member

GPU:
    ATI & Nvidia
    So I said that everything became fine in BF2/PR. Well, I stand corrected. After about a week of using your drivers everything seemed like my issue had been fixed, but the other day while playing Project Reality the sky textures started generating artifacts. Which would usually lead to a BSOD. So I let the textures continue to freak so it would cause a BSOD. However, even thought the sky texture kept freaking, the machine would not BSOD. So I just exited the game, which in its self would cause a BSOD once the sky textures go screwy, but again, the BSOD did not occur. So the BSOD seems to have been solved, but the artifacting sky texture issue still remains.

Could you please direct me on how I could supply you with the needed code that shows you the artifact errors. If there is any way of doing that, I'd be willing to help!

As I've stated before, the sky texture artifact does not occur on ATi cards. So this would lead me to believe that it is a texture Nvidia can't handle, or it is bad coding by those who created BF2. I only say this cause I getting artifacts in BF2 & BF2/PR after the release of 191 Nvidia drivers, but nothing like this has happened with my brother ATi-5750!

Mark-

On a side note: Man these drivers sure did get an FPS gain in GTA4. I thank you very much for that!
    :infinity:​

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  14. antoine

antoine Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX260 v2
  15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    sorry but your tweaks are still bad!.. i tried win xp 195.62 and :bang:

I noticed these image quality adjustments and all were set to high performance which is the lowest IQ there is:3eyes:,

the first thing i do is go to nvcp and change iq to high quality when i install new driver then bench it for differences.

[​IMG]
    lol..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

and this should be that "increased amount of texture memory", its 0 by default and its for pci and agp gpus running in pci mode.. so its useless for pcix anyway according to Rivatuner.
    [​IMG]

I said ok i'll leave your "tweaked" settings and run Batman AA, and it ran at 13fps its like phsyx isnt working, when i quit the game my reso changed to 640x480? then i saw physx yea was disabled by default:rolleyes:

Benchmark was similar to 191.73whql quadro, but i used high image quality and all those tweaks disabled..

27/55/77 (195.62 side) vs 29/55/77 (191.73 quadro high iq) vs 28/53/74 (official 195.62 high iq)

im gonna go back to official 195.62, because these are :grab:

maybe yea i was a bit harsh, but you got to accept critiques.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010

16. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You are use old version:grin:(7.12.2009)

Serious Sam HD(Ultra quality):

stock driver - 6fps

modded - 33fps

J no attaches due for games with physx and does not optimize perfomance.

Last version:

Grid

Max perf - 68.5fps

Max quality - 68.2fps

How you do not fit, use the official driver.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol how its old, i used the link posted by antoine.

Anyway, i'm back on official ones so it doesn't matter. Im done with tweaked gpu drivers, guess yea its best to tweak on your own :pc1:

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I play PR but i don't get the type of artifacts you're describing...but I'm using the official drivers..

What settings are you using in NCP?

19. antoine

antoine Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX260 v2

sorry, first post edited with last version posted by Sideband~ :)

latest forceware 195.62 xp 32 bits (version 4)::
    http://side.pl.pl/Forceware/XP/32bit/Forceware 195.62 XP 32bit-4.7z

Side, will you tweak the Forceware 195.94?
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Forceware-195.94-XP-(32-bit)-Beta-download-2452.html
    Like it said, they support a HUGE number of cards!

20. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090