Folding with gtx295

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Moonkin, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Moonkin

Moonkin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Hello, im very new at this but im doing my best to help out, but how does the nvidia gpu app handle a graphic card with dual gpus? Do i need to have two apps running at the same time, or does it work as inteended? This is a real noob question but it would be good to get an awnser :)

2. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 SLI 713/1584/1242
    It's just like setting up folding with SLIed cards. You have to be sure that there are two different folders for each client to store their work files in, default location is in your user file. Just copy and paste the original FAH work folder and point a shortcut for the 2nd client to this newly created folder. You then disable the SLI in the Nvidia control panal and run the two different GPU clients with -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 flags. You will have to have a second monitor or a dummy plug (to trick it into thinking a monitor is connected) in the other DVI in order for folding@home to use the 2nd GPU.

3. Moonkin

Moonkin Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Hey, thx for the info. Sure sounds like alot of work tho :( Is there any nice guide how to do this? Also, if i have to disable the sli, wont it affect all my games? :p

4. Zebatshu

Zebatshu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670

5. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 SLI 713/1584/1242
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide#ntoc4

Depends on what game you are playing, most games will run perfectly on one core. So you can just pause the GPU-0 (some games you can even keep FAH running without pausing) and play without changing things. When you want to play a game that you need both cores than you just re-enable SLI and quit the clients temporarily, when you are don playing you disable SLI again and restart the clients...simple as that.

6. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    here's hoping that when the gpu3 core comes out next year that will all be done away with