Drivers for Powercolor AGP HD 3850

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by jonathen85, Jan 28, 2009.

1. jonathen85

jonathen85 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d nvidia GTX 275
    Hello,

Does anyone know what the best option for drivers for this card are? Thanks in advance.

2. robhiengler

robhiengler New Member

GPU:
    PC HD 3850 AGP 512MB
    Best Drivers

The ATI hotfix ones work fine; but personally I use the Powercolour website's ones - yes I know they're only Catalyst 8.6 but I get an extra 400 3D06 mark points (not much I know and I should probably do average fraps in games I play etc).

3. jonathen85

jonathen85 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d nvidia GTX 275
  4. MJay27

MJay27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5
    Try my modified complete XP Drivers + CCC they work like a charm just run setup.exe. They are based upon the official 8.12 Drivers from AMD/ATI:

http://sharebase.to/files/y072UAKFhc.html

5. jonathen85

jonathen85 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d nvidia GTX 275
    thanks. Do you think I should just try these as soon as I've put in my card or is it safer to use the ones that come with the box first.

6. MJay27

MJay27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5
    The ones which come from the Box are usually older ones they could be the 8.7 or 8.8 catalyst (or even older) so i would go with these 8.12´s cause they have much performance improvements for newer Games.

So i would try those out. If my 8.12 don´t work for you can still install the boxed ones but they should really run great with your HD3850 AGP they are specially modded for Hardware ID DEV 9515 cards which are not recognised by the official standard drivers.

I hope that really soon the 9.1 come out so I can mod these :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. jonathen85

jonathen85 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d nvidia GTX 275
    Thanks, I'll give them a try when my card arrives tomorrow. Do I run the setup in the main folder and the CCC folder setup also? Not sure what CCC is because I'm used to Nvidia cards- they're much easier to get drivers for.

I'm sure they'll be great.

8. MJay27

MJay27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5
    CCC is the Catalyst Control Center it´s an included Panel to modify your card 3D settings, overclock it and so on.

And you just need to run the setup once in the main folder. You can select express install or custom install where you can pick up what you want to install exactly.

9. Finch

Finch New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 3850 AGP
    Sorry to bother you MJay27, but the modified 8.12 drivers you upped to Sharebase are down. Assuming you still have them of course, do you think you could re-up them to rapidshare or the like?

I've just got the Powercolor 3850 AGP and it's okay but I don't think the 8.6 drivers they offer on their support page are all that recent. The 9.11 AGP hotfix didn't work for me. I'm a bit cautious about flashing the bios.

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE

11. Adalwar

Adalwar Member

GPU:
    Powerc HD3850 AGP DDR3
    I am using the regular ATI driver´s (not the HOTFIXE`S) without any problem.