Can someone please explain to me...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Merton, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Alright, fair enough.

Lets pass a law. All Television advertisements for democratic candidates may not mention either the democratic party, or the democratic candidates name.

All is well and good because they can still use the TV right?

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    :confused: You've lost me there...

3. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Exactly. However, as you clearly just stated, Google's not concerned with the individual, per se (as far as we know). But if Google were to be purchased or its assets liquidated to any governmental organization, what would they be concerned with?

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    What I'm saying is although those techniques will protect individuals, they are inadequate to protect larger movements.

In the scenario I see from what you've posted, one group gains the power to oppress another online so the oppressed group does what you have suggested. However, this means that in most discourse the oppressing group has the ability to act unhindered and thereby gains a much greater advantage.

I'm reading what you wrote in the context of being a solution to the problems I've stated in my prior posts.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009

5. CrackWhiz

CrackWhiz Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 Dual Fan Editio
    Yeah I got your point there...

But anyway, privacy is a big question mark if you are active in the internet...google is only a small part of the bigger picture...

6. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
  7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    ya guys know whats funny? people who advocate online privacy concerns ...all while having a Facebook,Myspace page, twitter...etc. lol
    i mean how ironic. put your whole life on facebook yet fear about what data google collects. lmao. i know a guy like that, he uses anon. proxies n crap yet has a facebook page, i laugh at him

online is public just like going outside your house is imo. however i dont expect any men in black will show up at anyones doorstep as a result of collected info less their a terrorist or something.

8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    You can still restrict your Facebook, and even take it offline from being Indexed by search Engines.

Although it is just as stupid for people who fear everything.

9. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I just never put anything online that I do not want to be well known. I have Facebook and Myspace, but the content that goes onto those things is well thought out before-hand.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    OK fair enough, lets say that happened and the government did obtain that information.
    How could that be a threat to anybody or organization?? What's the worst anybody could do with the info obtained?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    but many dont, thats the problem, nor did my friend who opinionates so much about online priavacy, tahts what made it so funny.
    either way, users purposfully submit their lives onto those sites, yet worry about their search data n stuff being submiited. like those sites cant be hacked or something regardless of if its restricted or not. its just ironically stupid cause tons more personal info goes there than what google gets from ya...so do *SPAM* sites.

12. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Well now that would depend on who you are, wouldn't it? ;)