ATi Catalyst 9.12 beta (8.663.1) "Hemlock/Shift driver"

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpajdrEX, Nov 16, 2009.

1. meds

meds Guest

GPU:
    only drivers that work properly with my 5870.

2. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Perhaps the team at ATI spent more time working on this set of drivers than the other versions to ensure better support for their latest graphics cards as well as DX11 for Vista/Win 7. They may have begun working on this set before the others, so that could be a possible reason for an earlier build version number.

3. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    With my setup I haven't had any issues with tis driver in any games. I testing the most of new games.

Maybe it is luck? :)

4. I think it's likely that this driver set will improve crossfire performance as this is a hemlock driver so i guess its safe to assume this set could possibly give better results under crossfire configs?....im running NFS shift with the new patch which seems to have made performance slightly better on my system but nothing like I saw in the benchmarks with hemlock and this driver set. This evening I'll download this set and give them a go with my 5850s. Im currently running 9.11officials so we'll soon see.

5. GoDi81

GoDi81 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TwinFrozr II
    Nice one, these fixed corruption with Afiltering when playing WoW :)

6. ok i installed the driver after uninstalling my current set, now it comes up with this error and wont load ccc. So i uninstalled ran driver sweeper, cleaned files then installed 9.11 officials and this error is still coming up. whats wrong?...any ideas?

7. has anyone had the issue ive got? whenever i try to install any ati catalyst driver now it comes up with this same error, will still install but then ccc wont load...ive used driver sweeper, installed and uninstalled 9.10 and 9.11 officials but this error is still there and its only happened since installing these hemlock drivers??

8. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Don't use third party programs to hose your system files and registry whilst updating drivers, especially with a crossfire system.

Install the the hemlock drivers as I presume they work. Install the 9.11's OVER THE TOP of them. This is fine to do and how the drivers are designed to update in Vista and Windows 7.

See if it works.

There is no need to uninstall, sweep, scratch your ass or anything when updating the drivers. Just run the installer and ATI's install manager will take care of everything.

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    qft:)

10. Luxferro

Luxferro Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800GT OC
    That is a DLL file in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Implementation\

That path is for 64 bit opsys. So if you're running 32bit, ignore the (x86).

11. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Wait, so why is this one 8.66, but the RC2 driver in the other thread is 8.68? Which one is the best? O.O

12. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    The 9.12's are due to be released on the 16th, not long now.....

http://twitter.com/catalystmaker

13. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    I'm a mind reader, Ill take a shot. 8.68 RC2 is for XP, these are for Vista/Win7.