King arthur : the Role-playing game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mitzi76, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Needs to get a better name though.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah i agree. its also completely and utterly historically inacurrate, but who cares.

looks a bit like the ol warhammer mark of chaos game. perhaps this is one to consider when it's around a tenner. still could be a gem.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Will be interested to know if anyone gets it. Year? He seems to get most games :)

I am quite fond of Arthurian History and legend although I might cringe at some of the details of the game. Still if its plays like a fantasy rpg/wargame might be fun.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    -delete-

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    trailer does look kinda cool, wonder if it will be any good at all tho.

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Played it abit earlier. It's like Total War, but with cooler units and whatnot. It's performance is horrible, regardless of settings, though.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in steam forums people complain abut BUGS like performance like u say and crash to desktop :/

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Had the game "freeze" (CTRL-ALT-DEL to shut down the launcher and game exe worked.) during a battle, lost quite a bit of progress but nothing I can't redo.

Quite challenging albeit not as deep as the "Creative Asembly" total war titles, more like the Crusader title that was recently added to Steam.

Not a bad game though but I've barely "scratched the surface" or how it's called, still a lot to learn and do.
    (So far I'm leaning towards Rightous and Old Fait but we'll see where I end up, that's the moral "cross" by the way deciding various things depending on your alignment, bit difficult to describe.)

Battle animations could be better as well, there's no "connection" from the various blows received and given but from a distance it looks OK.
    (Basically you can either fight a army or you need to hold a few "resources" to win the battle, actual usable game resources is only gold and food however but again I'm only at the start of the first of three chapters.)

Loosely based on the "King Arthur" mythos as is pretty much evident from it's name (Or what the proper term is.) but it works quite OK as a RTS title. (From the ending videos I peeked at there's a addon planned as well with the Roman forces somewhat involved.)

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Jonas, did u ever played WARHAMMER: MARK OF CHAOS buy any chance? what r the similarities with this game?

i dont want to base build, i dont want to manage economics or gather resources. i want my army and hero to battle !!!i want to batlle to their faces! IMOA

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Game is very focused on fighting but not to the degree of "Mark of Chaos" as there are things that need to be managed such as quests, your knights, recruitment and you need to consider the current turn (Each turn lasts one season with various bonuses for them like no military actions during winter, extra movement points for knights on spring and easier military campaigns during summer for example.)

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thanks Jonas.. i think iam going to buy it.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i purchased the game and downloading now :) and jonas , why u r not in my STEAM FRIENDS list man?

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Downloaded and performance is terrible. Tutorial at 30fps...lagging bigtime. Then tried a scenario battle and didnt even load...

Could be drivers...

So stay clear of this one if you own a 5870. Unless I am doing something wrong but if i can play other games at 100 fps plus smooth leads me to believe its the game that's fubar.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    A patch for the game out. Developer says it in steam forum.

19. djordje81

djordje81 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS 260GTX 1792GB
    Performance is terrible after 2 patches no matter what settings you put, but highly addictive game.

20. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I tried this out and yeah, the performance is horrendous. I also had some controls stop working randomly throughout a mission. After playing this I reinstalled Mark of Chaos because that's way better (way better than Total War as well, IMO... but as you may know, I'm in love with Warhammer :p)