Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bludd, Nov 25, 2009.

1. bmxjumperc

bmxjumperc Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640
    Whql beta?

These say WHQL but they install as a BETA because it user account control asks if you are sure you want to install these drivers. Far Cry 2 HUD flickers still with these supposedly WHQLs.

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I play borderlands on a daily basic and I get no stutters in the game at all on max.

3. muslabs

muslabs New Member

GPU:
    BGI 8800 GTS 640
    Does not install

The 195.62 refuses to install. The izard starts and comes back saying "Installshield wizard complete" followed by "the system has not been modified".
    Couold you please point me in the right direction to overcome this problem?

Intel E6600 2.4; NVidia 8800 GTS 640; Win 7 64.

Thanks

Theo

4. bmxjumperc

bmxjumperc Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640
    uninstall the drivers by going to uninstall programs and features then click on nvidia then uninstall the drivers by going to the device manager then go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers with driversweeper then reboot into normal startup and run the wizard.

5. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    run the wizard??

6. bmxjumperc

bmxjumperc Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640
    the drivers install wizard

7. HeavyGat

HeavyGat Member

GPU:
    Palit 260 GTX 216 SP
    same here... at first i believe its not a driver issue or something but after a clean install of windows and after i install 195.62 drivers.. i noticed that progress task bar is gone again in other programs that has it before installation >.<

this one guy solved his problem after installing lastest drivers (that was that time) that's why i think its pretty related somehow.. i mean the GUI/nVidia Driver issue >.<
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=12221&st=0&p=105916&#entry105916

8. ncarbon

ncarbon Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 295
    Good For me...

This the first set of drivers other than 185.85s that worked well for my hardware and games. CoDW@W and MW2. No crashes or stuttering.

Ned

9. terente0081

terente0081 Guest

Coming from 191.07, I saw in these drivers the Need for Speed SHIFT fixes and I thought these would be good. But my SHIFT performance went down! It went from smooth gameplay to constant stuttering. That's with the 1.02 patch as well.
    I'm going back to 191.07.

10. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    It's working ok in all programs including Firefox and WinRAR.

11. HeavyGat

HeavyGat Member

GPU:
    Palit 260 GTX 216 SP
    ouch >.< so it should be working after all >.< what might cause this problem on my system's progress taskbar.. >.< i already did re-format yesterday... clean installed everything T_T any clues or ideas how to fix this?

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate here...

(i really want to fix this but cant find anything on the net T_T anyone here can help me please.... =( )

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oddly enough, I noticed that the Firefox (v3.5.5) progress bar, where its icon fills green from left to right, was not working when I downloaded the Need for Speed SHIFT v1.02 patch last night. I have seen it working OK with Safari v4.0.4 and Internet Explorer 8 though. I just assumed it was a Firefox issue.

13. HeavyGat

HeavyGat Member

GPU:
    Palit 260 GTX 216 SP
    yeah mine works 3 days ago too until i installed this driver yesterday (morning) and noticed that my Imgburn, Winrar and Firefox doesnt have this "Progress Taskbar" anymore (where the icon fills green from left to right).. then i tried last night to have a CLEAN install of Win7x64 again to see if it'll comeback after a reformat.. but unluckily.. everything in my "Progress Taskbar" works UNTIL AFTER i installed this driver then again... no more "Progress Taskbar" anymore T_T

but take note for everyone... this drivers works smoothly in ALL my games like RE5, NFS Shift, CoH etc ^^, except this annoying Progress Taskbar problem T_T

help please... =(

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  14. mrg666

mrg666 New Member

GPU:
    GTX260-216 725/1450/1200
    Let me be specific:

CPU: Q6600@3.3 GHz
    RAM: 6GB@DDR2-733
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    All high settings, max AF
    Drivers installed clean for each case.
    With these settings, Borderlands lags with 195.62 drivers (no stuttering, just a sluggish frame rate). When I go back to 186.18 it is butter smooth.

15. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    UAC and WHQL are unrelated.

16. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Only partially correct Squall. If the drivers are not WHQL certified then you get a bright red box asking if you wish to continue. If they are WHQL certified then you get the normal box. It is UAC related, it just depends what level you have UAC set to.

17. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    ill think u will find that xp still downclocks as if in adaptive mode so whats different

18. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560

hmm, wich bug, and from wich version??

19. HeavyGat

HeavyGat Member

GPU:
    Palit 260 GTX 216 SP
    still no fix to bring back Progress Taskbar thing for Win7x64 Ultimate T_T is there any settings that i can turn that on or something?... it really doesnt work in other programs now.. =( still only on Explorer/Copy thing.. =(

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    game lagged like hell with 191.07, with 195.50 crashed.. now these 195.62 seem ok but i still get small stutter when it rains, i've read that before 1.030 it didnt do that.. i also contacted RC but they gave me some lame solutions nothing new.. im using the latest patch.