Windows 7 wont display high resolution

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bungee316, Nov 30, 2009.

1. bungee316

bungee316 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X800 Sapphire
    Hi,

I have an nvidia FX5900 Ultra and recently upgraded to Windows 7. In the past I was using a screen resolution which I cant exactly remember but with Windows 7 the maximum resolution it will display is 1024x768. I cant remember exactly what I had it on before but it was definately higher than this. Everything looks huge. I have Forceware drivers 96.85 installed. Is there any way I cant increase the resolution ? Everything I try to select will only let me put it as high as 1024x768.

Thanks

2. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    First off, welcome!! Try not to double thread tho, might get you slain ;-) Well for starters, what size is your moniter exactly? Most moniters 17" and under can only support 1024x768 res. Secondly if your moniter is larger than 17", then I must ask what you are using to change your resolution?

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Maybe its the fact your using 96.85 drivers. Those are well over a year old and not designed for Win7 in anyway. Try the most recent drivers.

5. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    These are the most recent drivers for his graphic card.

All you could try now, bungee316, is to use a more recent driver and create a custom modded inf for it to recognize your GPU.

6. bungee316

bungee316 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X800 Sapphire
    Yeah my graphics card is kinda old now so I knew the drivers probably weren't too up to date. And yes they are designed for Vista but there are no Windows 7 drivers available for my card. My monitor is a 15" but i know for certain I was displaying a higher resolution before this. I'll get used to it, just a bit annoying. If there isn't an easy fix it's cool i'll just get on with it. Thanks for the help. And sorry about the double post, total accident.

7. leo27

leo27 Member

GPU:
    BFG 280 GTX OC
    try setting windows update to find updates for Windows and Other products from microsoft update and then see if it comes up with a driver. I had this same problem with resolution and that's how i fixed it.