Opinions of Mass Effect please...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bsc14, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    It's awesome, I just hate the vendors and inventory User Interface, it's unorganized, clumsy, and the icons are big, it's a mess to navigate, it's my only complaint about Mass Effect, the rest are minor mishaps and hiccups as I call them, nothing game-breaking.

2. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Fantastic game as always; it fully lives up to the level of quality and depth you'd expect from BioWare. My only gripe is that the side-quests and planets can be a bit boring and cookie-cutter.

I ran the game with full settings, 4x AA, 1600x1200 and got ~60 fps most of the time.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    One of my favorite games, story was simply epic.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Not the best game ever but your $10 wasn't a waste, if u like the old Resident Evils and sci-fi games, it's awesome.

EDIT: oh wait nvm... I confused it with Dead Space, I always confuse those 2 games, no idea why :x

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009

5. Iced09

Iced09 Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 570 (love it)
    If your into Dragon Age, you'll find that the team mates do not require you to control them (but you can direct their abilities/weapon useage/Skill points if you don't want the computer to handle that for you) I find it a very well done RPG and quite enjoyable, currently on my 4th reinstall. Your money was well placed, friend.

6. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Great game. Nice gameplay, nice story, good voice overs.

7. adv1

adv1 Member Guru

The theme and visual style of the game initially made me think this would be something special, so I overlooked the fairly weak combat at the start and then the slow hour or so after that.

But in one particular Mass Effect gaming session I realised I'd spent the whole time, more than 2 hours of my life, just walking around (or waiting in elevators) listening to one character or another talking.

Occasionally clicking one mouse button to give a reply is not my idea of a 'game' really. The combat and vehicle sections weren't much more exciting either so I gave up and uninstalled it, I just thought life's too short to play this anymore.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Had this game for about a year, but could not get into it. Too many things you have to study and remember, poor weapons handling, clumsy interactions with people, objects, fighting, user interface, etc. I'm sure if I had the patience for it, I could get into it. But this is one of these games where the patience/reward factor - to me - is not worth it.

May reconsider if I get thrown in jail for life and given an X-box with Mass Effect the only game bundled with it.

9. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    The way the story unfolds in Mass Effect is what makes it epic.

10. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    It's a great game, it has it's flaws but they are by far outweighed by the good things. Looking at the video's of ME2 make ME1 harder to play though, seeing how ME1 could have been so much better.

I'm in the middle of a playthrough now, getting ready for january 26th :D

11. outbreak123

outbreak123 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr V
    I think Mass Effect is ABSOLUTELY epic. ill give it 9,0 for the xbox 360 version. Never played the PC version though.

The only thing thats a minus for me is the "driving the Mako around the planet". (or whatever that tank called, its pretty boring for me)

Other than that, 2 thumbs up!

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I really liked it and i don't like RPG's, so thats either a good or bad example lol.

Definetly worth the money though, good story too :)

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    ME's problem was the repetitiveness of the side missions (every cave is EXACTLY THE SAME!). The 5 story missions + first expansion were great, but the side stuff...not so much.

Convo system is simmilar to DA:O, but less advanced. Gets the job done though.