X1650 pro problems ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by clarky, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm not so convinced it is bad vram. In fact I'm reasonably sure it's not.

I'll brb - gotta check something...

EDIT...Hey have you checked your monitor and monitor cables?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. GZJ9000

GZJ9000 Active Member

GPU:
    H387Q512NP2 @864/2502
    The GPU-Z reports the right specifications for the x1650, in fact when compared with the PCI-E version, the core/vram clocks are lower.

It very well could be the cables, but for what I have seen usually its all screen corrupted in some way, or all the same color, or no image at all.

The best way is to reinstall everything from OS to the drivers, perhaps some registry leftovers bring those issues. Alternatively, you just un-install the video drivers, clean up the registry with the one of your choice and re-install the driver again.

Also make sure that RivaTuner is un-installed as well, re-install it when everything is working properly. (I would recommend you to use ATI Tray Tools instead, its one ATI video card that you have by the way, this is just one suggestion).

ATT: http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's not his OS that is causing those lines, it's a hardware problem so reinstalling won't help.

Also, artifacts caused by bad vram look a lot different than what's on his monitor...

4. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    wich cable are you talking about? the interface b/w the card to monitor? or is it the cooling criteria about the card,dead card? i have installed everything but its same old problem i think its a hardware..... but im not able to crack the problem....

5. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
  6. GZJ9000

GZJ9000 Active Member

GPU:
    H387Q512NP2 @864/2502
    Better off if you take the video card back to the place where you bought it and ask for replacement or refund. The shop should be able to check if the card is functional or not.

7. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    yes its the only option left!!

8. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    i think i might have accidentally may have overclocked what to do then? and how to underclock the vram and core? plz explain that! im my ati tool they both are 0.00 and the system hangs whenever i go to ati tool..and i get artifacts yellow pattern in the screen...
    so can it be repaired?

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Dude you can't accidentally overclock your card. Either you did it knowingly, or you didn't overclock it.

Your vram is overclocked by 100mhz which could contribute to your problem, but doesn't mean it's bad.
    Normally though you'll see dots on the screen when the mem is oc'd too far.

Did you use RT or ATT to OC it?

Another thing first though - can you go into the bios and change the agp speed from 8x to 4x and then test it again...?

10. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    im sure this time i dint overclock settings,i used both but rt dint work,i gave default in each and every settings
    i think im closing in on the issue it may be a heating one i feel,but yet to get the specific problem.....

11. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Check your temps with GPU-Z Those cards do heat up really bad I doubt it's the PSU you should get it replaced or better yet go for another card like a 4670. Those x1650 ain't worth the hassle from my experience.

12. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
  13. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    i just found a software(speedfan) to crosscheck if is the psu causing this:
    the readings are
    cpu temp 55degree c
    vcore1:1.22V
    vcore2:2.61V
    +3.3V :3.23
    +5V : 4.87
    +12V : 11.97
    -12V :-1.75 (fluctuates upto peak of -9.7V)
    -5V : -3.45 (fluctuates upto -6.25V)
    +5V : 6.85V
    vbat : 3.01V

so is the psu fine?

so will i get a warranty for this month old card? please help me
    im down!:bang:

14. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    after series of installation of different power rating psu's i found the videocard itself the culprit
    hehe lol 300w is sufficient enough then.......... i being a seasoned nvidia user,switched to ati for a change ,it gave me nuts :(
    well ahoy nvidia is the way....
    i l get the card exchanged by warranty and will buy a new nvidia one,please recommend min 1GB card with brilliant perfo, by the way is 9800 GT ok?
    rip ati x1650!!!

15. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Yeah the cards obviously defective if the new PSU still gave you problems they should offer a refund or exchange depending on where you got it from.

The 9800gt is the same as a 8800gt but less power consumption it'll be a huge step up from the x1650 for sure hehe.

I would recommend researching reviews and benchmarks on the card your interested in heres a good place to start.http://www.guru3d.com/category/vga_charts/

16. srirambs7

srirambs7 Member

GPU:
    ati radeon x1650 pro 512
    x1650-problem-urgent-reply required please

i got a new x1650 pro agp card for warranty replace for the card x1650 pro agp wich was a month and a half old,that was showing the lines in the startup and display corruption,48hrs after i put on the new replaced card it was overheating the side opposite to where the fan is i found an IC like thing covered with and pink sticker like thing wen i touched it, it was really very hot,suddenly when i was gaming today display became black,and the monitor was showing no input. wen i press the restart button cpu booted with yellow startup lines same as before in the previous x1650 pro agp
    and wen the windows loaded,again the screen turned black and no display!!!

what is causing this problem im freaked off really!
    1.does this require more xtra cooling fans?
    2.if something is wrong with the psu?
    3.can i get the replacement for the second time!
    please suggest!!!! its urgent................

17. GZJ9000

GZJ9000 Active Member

GPU:
    H387Q512NP2 @864/2502
    That IC must be the RIALTO, it's the AGP bridge, for native PCI-E GPU's to operate in older AGP boards that bridge is necessary.

It really does get hot when compared with other parts of the board, some manufactures include some passive cooling on it but not all of them.

I still own the AGP HIS 1950 PRO that also have the RIALTO but I never had any problems even though it doesn't have any heatsink on it. However I did put one ram sink in it later, after cleaning all that pink stuff.

In your particular problem I have two comments:

1- Or the motherboard is providing abnormally high voltage for the AGP bus,
    2- Or it's the absence of cool air circulating inside the pc case.

18. Mokum

Mokum Guest

GPU:
    x9 290x
    1. Try the card on another pc to find out if it's really the card that's giving problems.
    2. maybe it's a bad agp/pci express socket on the mainboard (bad connection try pushing it a little to the left of right \ / while playing a game and look if the corruption changes).
    3 if the problem starts right after turning on the computer and starting a game it shouldn't be a heat problem.
    4 higher the voltage on the agp/pci-x bus
    5 underclock the gpu and video mem to the lowest possible settings.

Good luck

PS ( i would try nr1 first when possible)

19. dorbanz3

dorbanz3 New Member

GPU:
    Saphire X1650 pro
    I have same problem of horizontal lines

hi

i have baught the same graphics card as you 3 years ago, The X1650 pro. Lately i have been experiancing same horizontal lines as seen in the picture posted at the the begining of this thread. from my experiance sometimes these lines disapear after a restart or 2. i have posted a ticket to Saphire support team.

If someone could help me solve this problem it could be great.
    a change in the driver could help but changing the bios is bit dangerous as a start for adressing this problem.

i'll try using the driver uninstaller first see how it goes than install new ATI drivers. any ideas which driver to use for Windows 7 64bit (ATI X1650 pro)

Thx

Dorban

20. Fedyon

Fedyon Member

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512Mb AGP
    Try limiting AGP caps, e.g. only 4x and no fastwrite. There certain is a bad combination of a mother board and a vga card. Even if each of them is not evil, both of them can go mad. (And if it worked, leave it just alone. You won't notice any performance drop for 90% of real workload anyway.)

Try cleaning the card physically. Rub the metal contacts on the card edge with a plastic eraser, and then blow all the dusts off. (Yes, even a shiny new card occasionally suffers rusts. Use smooth, decent, clean one. No gums, no sands. Just a plain plastic one.)