MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

True, and Afterburner also killed his dog, heh. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of science fiction.

2. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Ok ,nevermind ,the dog was already dead

3. Unwinder

Talking seriously, your freiend is most likely completely confusing lack of On-Screen Display in DX11 (which is NOT supported for this API yet) with loosing DX11 support. It is physically impossible to loose DX11 support by running an application.

4. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    Unwinder, are you add the screenshot capability in afterburner, thats the only thing needed and ill move away from precision

5. Unwinder

Currently there are no plans to do it as that's not a feature requested and licensed by MSI, but I don't exclude such a possibility in future.

6. happy

happy Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT
    ok cheers mate :)

7. MK555

MK555 New Member

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    "Lightning Afterburner" is attached software for N275GTX Lightning.
    And it can control physical LEDs on the graphic card by state of power consumption.

When the card is idle state, only green LED is bright.
    And when the card is running on full load, green, blue and red LEDs are bright.

But unfortunately, if you don't know this feature, it may be hard to implement this.

Thank you,

8. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    I advise him to uninstall the drivers/afterburner en reinstall it again (rather than kill the dog :kermit:)and now he not facing the same problem ,dx11 is working with afterburner launched.

I think his windows/ drivers / profiles are messed up.

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I would like to have option to resize graphs at hardware monitor if possible, without needing to scroll down, half size would be enough for me.

10. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    Dear Unwinder , I was thinking if it was not better to change the default installation path from for Example "C:\Program Files (X86)\MSI Afterburner" to something like "C:\Program Files (X86)\MSI\MSI Afterburner" which MSI usually use as installation Path for it's utility.

11. Unwinder

It can be changed in 5 seconds, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea because installing the Afterburner in different folder will cause all settings/profiles to be lost. So there will be a lot of crying related to "I've lost all settings and need to reconfigure everything from scratch" and I'm really not sure if it worth changing due to that reason.

12. Screemi

Screemi New Member

GPU:
    8800gts 512
    is it possible to support lower frequency values than 490/1220/730 on a gf 8800gts 512? it would be great to have lower clocks because my card would be significantly cooler. i know this because i used rivatuner for a long time, but it's not working correctly anymore since i upgraded to win7x64.

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Since you upgraded?

maybe try run it vista or xp Compatibility mode?

14. Screemi

Screemi New Member

GPU:
    8800gts 512
    doesn't work. the actual reason is the driver-version i use. i know that, but there is an other reason i like afterburner. one is the auto-fan-profile which you can adjust in the setting and the other thing is the simple 2d 3d mode switching. the only downside is the high min. clock with my 8800gts 512.

15. MagicMau

MagicMau New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 9800GT
    In game OSD problems with some apps

Hi.
    I don't know if it's a bug or what, but here is the fact:
    My OS is Windows 7 32bit home premium
    - When I run rFactor game (a race driving game, executable is rfactor.exe) the game starts correctly but there is no OSD. OSD is enabled and I tried all of afterburner available options. Is there a limitation with this game ? Could you check and correct this ?
    - When I run one of my Race 07 executables (they are steam games: race 07, gtr evolution, stcc the game, race on) and OSD is enabled, the game crashes before the main screen pops up. I tried all of afterburner available options but nothing changed. Could you check this, and correct ?

Thanks for your support and for your great software !

Bye,
    Mauro

16. Unwinder

Sorry, I don't own any of those titles and considreing that they are really outdated the chances to get it purchased, investigated and possibly fixed are close to zero.

17. MagicMau

MagicMau New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 9800GT
    Well, I don't think rFactor is outdated, considering there are still about 900 servers for multiplaying around the world and that rFactor is the most played racing sim in the world (hundreds of thousand players !) , just do a google search and you'll realize that. Furthermore you can download the updated test version at www.rfactor.net. Anyway I understand that you'd have to put a big amount of resources just to check why a single game doesn't display the afterburner OSD, so if you can't spend time on this, I understand. But please, don't say that rFactor is outdated :)

And what about Race series ? Race on has just been released (22 Oct. 2009), so I don't think it's an outdated software, isn't it ? You don't need to buy this, too. there's a demo version you can install from Steam.
    Again, I understand that you can't waste resources just to make Afterburn work with these 2 titles, so I can live with it, it's not a problem. but please, don't say they are outdated :)

Thanks for support,
    Bye

18. phaseshift

phaseshift New Member

GPU:
    G.Skill 4gb 1600mhz
    I had a reboot yesterday and now MSI after burner does not work. When I start it up it says some files might be missing or corrupted. Did a fresh install and same deal. This is version 1.4, I installed 1.3 and it was working fine. But I would like to fix this problem.

19. Unwinder

Is it a full 1.4.0 or one of 1.4.0 public betas?

20. phaseshift

phaseshift New Member

GPU:
    G.Skill 4gb 1600mhz
    it's the one from the website..so I think its full 1.4.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.