Ocz ssd vertex turbo review is awesome!

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by Bodar, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Just wanted to comment on Hilberts review of the new ssd ocz vertex turbo!
    Awesome review and happy that I actually found it when I did... I still have my old velociraptor but cant decide if it should be used for the os and then use my ssd for games and benchmarks? All around it's great to see reviews that help you make your descisions when it comes to hardware. :)

2. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Why do you have a 975 when you can get a 920 for way less and clock it to the same speed as the 975? lol.

3. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Well it's already at 3.33ghz. I just wanted more headroom when it came time to do some serious benches.. I've been able to push 4.70 so far no problem but I feel like 4.40 is enough for me to play games.. I'll mess with that more once I get all my new hardware installed.. The ocz vertex turbo would be amazing in raid 0 I bet..

4. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    ^ raid0 on a ssd isnt a noticeable improvement in real word usage..unless u deal with large files id go with one large drive vs raid0 for an ssd

5. Power_Down

Power_Down Member

GPU:
    Matrox Mystique 2MB
    get rid of that noisy velociraptor and get another vertex.

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Right.......

7. obake

obake New Member

GPU:
    evga gtx260 ftw
    with qx6850 (3ghz quad) and evga 790SLI Ftw with 2GB DDR3 1800, I only got 2 seconds less on cold boot by raid0 with velociraptors (compared to a single velociraptor). That left me booting in 56 seconds.

I put an intel X25-M in my boss's Dell precision Laptop (2ghz dual core low end workstation model) and it went from 1:44 cold boot to 38sec cold boot! It beat my faster cpu and raid0 raptors!

I would put your os and your games on SSD as your games run stuff through os while you game, so leaving the OS on a slower HD may limit a little. (shouldn't be a lot either way though). You may move it to a faster bigger SSD in a couple years when they are much cheaper.

keep your mp3's and such on a HDD if you are worried about space

8. Alex.NS

Alex.NS Member Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 465
    Cool Cool.