How to repel spiders

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by crushilista, Nov 13, 2009.

1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I don't like spiders and I'd like to get them somewhere else. They like to hide behind my computer desk, it's like sugar to them. I drop a cd behind the desk and I litterally cuss for about a minute, for the spiders have a new CD. It isn't overly bad, but it would be nice not to have. I'm arachnophobic.

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Fly paper?

3. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I live out in the country and my spiders tend to be as big as small frogs.I line my foundation with hedge apples and though they are on the porch ceiling, they haven't come inside yet.

What are Hedge Apples?
    http://hedgeapple.com/

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    while asleep open ur mouth and consume them while u sleep

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    lol.

6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Theres a myth going around that dropping conkers around the house and indoors on the ends of window boards and such would keep the little bastards away, we tried it out and i do think it reduced the amount of them but some still made it in.

7. I seen a movement afew days ago in my foxtel box shelf...it was a massive huntsman ( big spiders ). I freaked out and sprayed a whole can of killer stuff in there. Afew mins it came crawling out asif to say " DAMN!! gimme some air" So i srayed it again. Keep in mind it was a 40 degree celcius day, spiders come inside when its hot.

So it still didnt die, so i nudged it with the broom handle and it got real aggressive. Then suddenly i got sad and felt sorry for the little fellow...he was just trying to escape the heat and here i was tryed to kill him. So i scooped him up in a jar and put him outside. Checked back on him afew mins later and he found a nice little wedge in the fence to hide, and he was back to 100% health.

You know I was still scared he'd come back inside, but I was happy that I didnt kill him/her.

8. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Hoover them.

9. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I don't have an issue with my spiders because my dog kills them. She'll step on them repeatedly until they stop moving and then look at me to get rid of it. So uh, get a dog and problem solved.

10. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    So when she goes poopie, she'll poop spiders legs?

11. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    She doesn't eat them lol. She just bashes the hell out of them with her paw.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    trap em under a glass and smoke the bastard out with a little of the green doctor... to be fair he might stay around if you do this... my house is full of em :p

13. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    Awwh cute! :)

14. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    No, get the spider in a kitchen sink then put a fag next to it then place glass on top and watch it die from too much nicotine ROFL