The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 10, 2009.

1. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I've being playing since yesterday. I can't say i've encountered any real cheaters/hacks, even though I may call some ppl one lol Just frustration mainly. I can say that I haven't seen any cheaters due to the fact that in alot of the servers I've played in, I've killed every person on the other team. I love knowing that at the end of the round.

I am not saying cheaters/hacks don't exist, I so far haven't really seen any. Sometimes we think we are better than everyone else but people forget that there is always going to be someone better.

2. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
  3. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
  4. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    This thread and that video above just further solidify my distaste for Infinity Ward. Man... MW2 could have been one brutal PC First Person Shooter. Instead... it is just a console port. WITH MOUSE SUPPORT@!!!!123

Beyond that small rant... sorry, does the game offer any graphical options that are superior to the consoles? (beyond more AA and higher resolutions)

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    If I have to give up pot for another week i will.....last week I had had to get another DVD player cause I tossed my DVD player out the window when the dvds kept skipping lol.
    EDIT: my steam name is whawkins

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Lighting it better

anyways

i've play through the story a bit and its actually a really good story tbh.

7. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    VAC might not be updated for MW2 yet. :3eyes:

8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    wow, this game crashes so many times.. i dunno why. i had to downclock my cpu to 3.5ghz. and in russian language, i cant understand a sh*t in MP. but the game looks good tho, fps just fine. only crashes that keep driving me crazy. right now im installing again coz i tried to change the game to play in english from steam, but 1 folder deleted automatically and then does nothing..

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Labyrinth/Dictator: Uuh... i'm not sure if you had been reading this thread at all. Nobody here is saying 'Oh yeah.... IWNet is 100% lag free'. you DO get lag.... but it's not very frequent, and depends on who is the host. i.e. one round may have a bit of lag, the next generally seems to be lag-free. I'm rank 15, and have only experienced lag in two rounds. One was about as bad as that video Labyrinth linked... the other was only noticable, but still playable.

To those asking if it's worth the $60... or asking what makes it worth the $60.... to answer the first question, yes. the second question.... excellent story for the single player to continue that of Modern Warfare (And to agree with some of the others.... one SERIOUSLY demanding campaign, i must say. Don't think i've died so much in Modern Warfare on the normal difficulty). Multiplayer is extremely fun WITH LESS PEOPLE! having small maps jam packed was boring as hell, because you wound up getting killed every 10 seconds by some idiot with a sniper rifle thinking he's hot sh*t sniping down an alley just shy of a spawn point. Not to mention that pretty much every single weapon seems to have AT MINIMUM 5 attachments to unlock... most of the rifles (sniper or standard) seem to have 9. You'll probably be at the highest rank LONG before unlocking all the attachments. I'm rank 15, and didn't even unlock all the attachments for the M4A1 yet (which in case you're not aware... is the very first of the rifles you can use).

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    ok i just realized i had a pagefile, so i just removed it, been doing that for 1 year now since 4 gigs is enough ! stupid game stutters when you have pagefile... :-S

11. Vi3trice

Vi3trice Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX+ 512mb
    Valve doesn't entirely rely on VAC to get rid of cheaters. That's the whole meaning of having dedicated server admins doing most of the job.

That's the issue that came to my mind when the whole "no dedicated server" thing came up. Who manages the games?

12. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 Superclocked
    Been playing the single player campaign a bit. "That" scene in the airport did turn my stomach a bit and for some reason upset me a bit more than even the violence in GTA IV, but I guess that's because there's no humor element to MW2.

Definitely some interesting levels and set pieces so far. Getting killed a lot, even on the wimpy 'Regular' level: enemies come from unexpected places and seem smart sometimes, but other times they're right in front of you and barely see you.

Story is a bit confused, not as well told as CoD4, and it lacks the 'wow' factor that some levels in that game had, but overall it's very polished and impressively chaotic, and from what I read, just gets better as you go on (I'm maybe 4-5 levels in).

13. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    the scene in the airport was completely optional. I played it, and enjoyed slaughters thousands of innocent bystanders. Now with that said, I do get some low ping/signal once in awhile in the game while playing multi, and the switching game host thing is pretty annoying. I had it happen twice in one match.

14. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone have issues with skipping/stuttering sound in the intros/briefings? Sound is fine ingame, but for some reason it stutters during those mission briefings. I googled it and it seems like quite a few people are experiencing the same: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11968233

I found this:

But that's not gonna help me a whole lot.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    lol there werent hacks in COD4 online 2 days after release.. but nice try though.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Right. >_> Punkbuster sucks, but there weren't any hacks the first week of release.

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Well..... last time i checked.... aren't hacks designed around certain portions of the game engine? CoD4 used a brand new engine. Modern Warfare 2 basically uses CoD4's.

Fiskadoro: yeah, it does get quite good as the story goes on. Also get's harder.

As for the airport scene.... i have to say i didn't start shooting until i was getting shot at. Something about shooting the civilians, even though A) it's just a game, and B) it was part of that section of the story.... it just didn't feel right.

18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well, you can't argue that its seems pretty sudden.. I mean people online hacking after this short a while after release? It DEFINITELY took longer for them on COD4, and you guys saying that PB was worthless.. yeah after a while. But I got in a good couple months solid online gaming with COD4 that was mostly hack free. Hopefully this will be the case with this game but it just doesn't look like a very good start.

No doubt that this is why they are already using them.. hell they probably had them designed and just waiting for the game to release.

Again, I don't have and will not be buying this game, so I'm just going by what I'm seeing here in threads, on COD forums and in game videos. So far, VAC doesn't appear to have gone live on IWnet .. if it is then eeek.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I picked up the PC version today, only because I had some £80 left on a gift card from paying for my PS3 Slim from the GAMEcare insurance proceeds and thought I'd pick up a game while I was in GAME.

I've only played the single player so far but I'm not blown away by it at all; it's all very familiar and predictable with an erratic storyline that jumps all over confusingly in the first three chapters alone. I know this is the Call of Duty way but here it's more disjointed and disconnected than ever. The first level was a bit dull to be honest but the snow level got off to a bad start by showcasing the limitations of the engine, namely that you walk onto a narrow ledge facing forward when your teammate walks sideways and looking down reveals that actually you have no body nevermind feet! Talk about killing any sense of immersion. And how come Call of Duty has suddenly got as silly as a Roger Moore James Bond movie with the snowmobile chase? As for the third level where you play a Russian terrorist; I refused to fire a single shot at innocent civillians because I found it distasteful so five minutes of the game was spent just walking through an admittedly well rendered airport while mindless violence went on around me. I'm not a prude but I thought it was unnecessary personally.

And I laugh at the suggestion in one review, the GameTrailers one I think, this is the best looking non-exclusive game this generation and up their with Uncharted 2 in terms of production values. No it isn't. It's look OK but I don't recall getting stuck on scenery in UC2 (yep, that Call of Duty bug is STILL there!) nor did I see people walk through each other, bodies and scenery. It just looks sloppy IMO. The lighting is especially poor; very flat with no HDR at all (PC version). The motion-captured animation is excellent however.

I'd give it 6/10 so far. Very overhyped IMO.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    is it true that Call of Duty 7 got announced o_O? i heard it from someone, but in a interview they sayed they don't have any plans for the next upcomming CoD.

EDIT: found out that treyarch is gonna make this one, and it will be set in Vietnam?

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174041