China forced to examine deep prejudices

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    It's just that we are Scots, and blacks have absolutely nothing to do with the Scottish identity, culture, or anything in this country, in my opinion ones they shouldn't call themselves Scots.

It's the same for China really.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If a black person was born here, then they are scottish, even though i know it will take me a while to get used to it, but i want to, its just black people in Scotland is a new thing.

Obviously countries like the US and Australia, who are made up of immigrants should be accepting of new cultures, but the UK is no better, most of us aren't exactly "pure blood" Scottish, English or Welsh.
    Im half Irish from my dads side, half Lithuanian from my mums side, and my great grandparents came to Scotland years back, but i consider myself Scottish, not Irish or Lithuanian.

Too many people want to be in a gang of sorts these days, either from religious beliefs, political beliefs, race, colour, sporting team, even music, and the ATI v Nvidia, 360 v PS3 crap we get on here.

So many people don't know how to be individuals, they need be part of a group, and will judge on many other things before they even get to know the person

3. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Sorry but you have to be White to be Scottish end of story.

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    :boozer:

5. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Nationality != Ethnicity.

6. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    where are hatefull people, there are racism and fights and racism and more hate...
    the problem is never racism nor fight nor wars itself.The problem are those people.

7. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    [​IMG]

Just for you mcharj11

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I wouldn't go up to him and tell him he's not scottish :p
    Better man than me you are if you'd say it to him 1 on 1.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    lol at the pic :)

We could do with some scottish black people up here for sporting events, as with the exception of Chris Hoy, us white folks are useless at sports.

We have a terrible football team, our club teams are an embarrassment, even out boxers aint up to much these days.

I'm as patriotic as i can be, but im all for new brains and sporting talent coming in to the country, but i suppose with every country, there are some who would rather keep their race, and stagnate, than improve it.

10. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    White people managed to have the Renaissance and Enlightenment by themselves. I wouldn't exactly call that stagnation.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    What do things hundreds of years in the past have to do with the future?

12. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Okay, how's this then: The U. S. has stagnated since the '50s, and the U.S. inceased immigration in the '50s.

EDIT: Ummm, it's not like humans were a different species in the past.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How has the US in any way stagnated since the 50's, it still holds onto the mantle of most powerful and succesful country in the world, and is growing.

And the US is a country of immigrants, many many succesful ones at that, i could pick one, and still keep it tech site related.

Sergey Brin the co founder of Google, who was an immigrant who came to the US as a young boy, he is now one of the wealthiest men in the world, even Bill Gates is of mixed British descent.

Edit: errr, yes they were, a small thing called evolution.

14. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Well, you said "hundreds of years" ago, so I felt it was implied that I was talking about a number less than a million. I can pretend to be dumb too, if you want.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well obviously evolution is an ongoing process, and humans as a species are far more advanced mentally and physically now, than we were 50years ago, never mind hundreds of years ago.

You can pretend to be what you want to be.

16. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    FTFY
    Enjoy the ban

17. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Get your history right. The US stagnated in the 1970's, rose again in power in the 80's, assumed the dominant seat in the 90's, and lost almost everything under the Bush Administration.

Moving on.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well Scots are from the "Scotti" and "Picts". Funnily the scotti werent actually from Scotland originally but Irish who came over to Scotland. The Picts were the original celtic stock as it were.

So if you are being technically minded a black person doesnt have celtic blood unless he has mixed heritage.

But it's wrong to say a black person cant be a scot as being scottish is much more than just being descended from original scottish blood.

If you are prepared to work live and die in a country that gives you the right to call yourself whatever u want there. As long as you have a passport that shows you were born there and it's printed british or what have you that's enough for me.

Ok you could say a black person in Scotland isnt a real Scot but that I think is unfair and unecessary. However it's a fine line for me whether you are being a racist or not.

I can see why a Black person could get offended by this but on the other hand he should know full his origins and that he is not of original scottish blood.

Same could be said of blacks in Uk. They arent english because they dont have anglo-saxon blood.

Dangerous ground this and I like to think people can call themselves what they want without getting crap for it.

19. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    how do you think i feel i'm half scottish half english :funny:

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    it's not all bad! ;)

well at least you arent a complete mix like me. norman ancestry/welsh/english and who knows what else? think quite a few british have a lot of mixed blood. adds spice!

point is to be proud of wherever you are from and respect others of that right as well. personally i like all the history that goes into a nation/race etc..dangerous part is where you start to let history affect your current attitudes.

always interests me the arguement i have both parents british but have chinese passport and was born in china. therefore am i British or chinese? think this arguement came up in another thread as well. i think go with what makes u feel better..it's your choice and you shouldnt be told otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009