Borderlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Dahzeal33, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Adial

Adial Member Guru

GPU:
    AsusENGT 240
    Finished it today, was level 35 hunter [all quests done]
    Pros:
    1)Great graphics and art style
    2)Great co-op
    3)Shooting stuff is fun :D
    Cons:
    1)VERY easy game[especially the last boss is ridiculous]
    2)I personally didnt like the rpg / skill elements implemented.They were to "shallow" for me.Just a few skills for improving fire rate, Bloodwing,Magazine Size..ect etc

Overall i see it as a fun to play FPS , not an rpg that hooked me and wanted me to play it again for better loot[as the developers were claiming]

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    does this game offer 5.1 as i cant seem to get it to do 5.1. also why do some sounds keep dropping in sound levels like the cars are so quite

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    erm if i have missed this sorry but is there a framerate cap?

somehow it seems there is. why oh why? and yep its ut3 engine. gone and wasted more money. doh. (its capped at 63 fps but my refresh is 60mhz..so not sure how that happens).

nah seriously its early days. sp ran fine but tried a co-op and it wasnt to smooth.

perhaps thats cos my isp is running at less than 1mb. could be time to get cable.

p.s i live in transylvania. jk. well it seem like it cos no-one has cable and there's no phone reception. just need a trick or treater vampire to come knocking :)

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You can disable it by editing WillowEngine.ini which is loccated around the Users\My Documents\My Games\Borderlands\ folder.
    (bSmoothFramerate=True to false or something, can alter the value, this can introduce stuttering as well so if you keep a constant 62 with FRAPS or similar then it might perhaps be best left enabled.)

5. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    I can't help but keep reloading my save file just before confronting Sledge, he looks too dire to my liking and I have no guts to take the last lift down. I've at least gained 6 levels here only:p BTW when do you get your first class mod that I keep hearing about? And is level 21 strong enough to take out the big guy?

This is probably one of the most addictive game that I've played this year, will defnitely try co-op with someone with more courage once I got done with single player, hopefully lol

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    got to lvl 12 so far, and enjoying the game alot. Love the artstyle. Not played it in Co-op yet though, so lookin fwd to givin that a go.

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i knew that lil bot was up to no good by the first nVIDIA logo intro!

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Are you a bit steam boats mate? :p

But yeah, with every game based on this engine there is a 62fps cap, but as you only have a 60hz screen, there is no point you going higher unless every last frame counts on MP.

The last bit, well......hope your having a good night :)

10. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    Hey guys, i've been having a lot of problems playing this game at high settings, i was wondering if anyone else was having any issues.

i've disabled AF and tried disabling dynamic shadows, running the game @ 2560x1600, my fps stays at 60 with Vsync enabled, also tried it with vsync disabled and still sits around 60 fps. i've tried all of the 190.xx and 191.xx series currently sitting ont he new 195's.

I wouldn't of thought my system would of had issues playing this game at high settings but if i spin around fast the fps drop to around 15 before bumping themselves back up.

i've also tried enabling dx10 through the config files and various sli options.

any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance all

11. RowdyRoddy

RowdyRoddy Banned

GPU:
    SLI GTX 260 216's
    Given your system specs, you shouldn't be having any issues at all. The Unreal engine shouldn't pose any stress to your rig whatsoever even at that resolution. Enabling DX10 won't do you any good. I wish I had an answer for you buddy. I'm blasting through it with everything maxed out at 1920x1200. Admittedly, it's a lower resolution but still.....

12. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    i have weird graphic problem with rifles, some gray thing on bottom left part of screen next to my arm is always there and its ruining my gameplay experience , this only happens with rifles all other weapons are shown correctly on resolution 1680x1050.
    so is there any way to adjust weapon view in config ? or some other fix i could do ?
    heres a screenshot in case you dont know what im talking about
    [img=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1295/bugd.jpg]

13. RowdyRoddy

RowdyRoddy Banned

GPU:
    SLI GTX 260 216's
    That artifact is usually do to overclocking. Is your GPU overclocked?

14. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    nope, none of my component are overclocked and temps are fine,i think problem is with view on 1680x1050 coz it dont happen on 4:3 resolutions,this wouldn't bother me much but my class is soldier(roland) and all my skills are related to rifle. i dont see this bug when i use smg,revolvers or snipers...
    looking trough screenshot thread i see others have same isue
    see this(first and last screenshot)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3327839&postcount=1158

15. RowdyRoddy

RowdyRoddy Banned

GPU:
    SLI GTX 260 216's
    I don't know what to tell you my friend. I have my GPU's seriously overclocked and aren't experiencing any issues. Maybe it's just a coding problem, I don't know. I'm sorry I can't offer you any more solutions. Driver issues would be my last gasp.

16. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    oh well the issue resolved itself, one of my gpus simply died lol

17. RowdyRoddy

RowdyRoddy Banned

GPU:
    SLI GTX 260 216's
    Well that kinda sucks!!! :3eyes:

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Man this game is un-playable with strangers, there's absolutely no host-side game rules to impose when we host, and everyone is free to wander from levels to levels and initiate fast travels without the host's permission. I won't touch on-line anymore unless: 1) I play with friends and communicate together, or 2) Gearbox implements proper multi-player features and game rules. In fact, if there was a working way to simulate the presence of four players in single-player mode I wouldn't even bother looking at the multi-player at all. At least the single-player is fun, that's a relief.

19. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    ive only played with friends coop and it sure is real fun :p

20. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

Just bought it, really digging this game, cant wait to try out coop with some friends. Doesn't run particularly good on my pc though, had to lower some settings :(