Fallout 3 lockups/crashes

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by maccarulez, Oct 27, 2009.

1. maccarulez

maccarulez Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1gig GTS250
    Hello guys

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is anyone else having these problems within the game?

I'm also running Win 7 Pro x64, plus my friend is having that type of problems himself,and he is running Vista x32

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Iced09

Iced09 Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 570 (love it)
    Any (if at all) mods installed recently? Up to date with the latest patches/Dx runtimes/Video card Drivers?

3. Matt151b

Matt151b Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    1) Some of what I thought were lockups were just really long pauses. Wait like 30 seconds.

2) try running in windowed mode. i know it sucks, but that stopped like 70% of my crashes.

3) I am on vista. if you right click on the executable there is an option to turn off aero when the game runs. Do this too.

4. maccarulez

maccarulez Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1gig GTS250

5. maccarulez

maccarulez Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1gig GTS250
    Hmm i'll try the aero thing in a bit, and see if that helps..Thanks Matt.

6. maccarulez

maccarulez Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1gig GTS250
    Well just an update..

I Disabled AA/AF, and now I havent had a crash for a couple of hours..Strange thou that I had to disabled those options to get a stable play.

7. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Oh don't worry your head about it. I loved that game but its a real bugfest no matter the version.
    Latest patches and addons installed, sometimes it would play for hours with no issues,
    sometimes it would crash 3 times in a row just 5 mins after starting it.

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    If you're not using mods in this game, you're really doing yourself a disservice. Props to Bethesda on a great "base" of a game, but they really fully intended for the game to be heavily modded.

9. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Totally agree, but ive experienced lots of conflicts/issues etc.

So if you dump in a few of the awesome mods, prepare for lots of tweaking and resultant glitches/crashes/bugs...

10. maccarulez

maccarulez Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1gig GTS250
    Thanks for the responces about the mods guys...Its funne, but I love using mods for a lot of my games, plus used to make some standard mods myself.

Been checking out this site which seems to be pretty decent.
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com

11. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^ That's where I get all my mods from, and they have great DL speeds even for free users. havent run into an issue yet, and running many of the High Res texture packs. ( Rivet City, Megaton, Landscape)

12. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I played the game pretty much all the way through without any mods, and had a very good time with it. I experienced no crashes, the only glitches off the top of my head were Charon getting stuck a few times (waiting solved that) and when those 2 people get married in Rivet City, the pastor was standing on top of the pulpit and everyone would just sit there.

I want to buy a DLC pack, are they going to release all of the DLCs on 1 disc or something like that? I don't want to have to pay another 45 bucks to get the game of the year edition.

What mods would you consider a must?

13. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yeah great site, if you're still having crashes be sure and get the unofficial fo3 patch from there.

However, this game does tend to be fairly buggy, on my 3rd playthrough and still get crashes (pretty heavily modded though)