The "What are you doing?" thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Miller, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    ^^ Haha. I'm on Youtube listening to Nightwish - Sleeping Sun and some Within Temptation.

2. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    I'm getting ready for the evening, since it's Friday:grin:

:boozer::boozer::boozer:

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    lol i know what you mean life couldnt get much lower when you are watching daytime tv yep this is how bad my life has got. Murder she wrote anyone?

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm working on guitar's truss rod and currently installing a japanese made (imported) Fernandes Sustainer on my fender strat.

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    playing zombie panic while doing my thermodynamics work :)

the vescosity of zombie blood.... hmm :)

6. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Ich auch. Viel Gluck!

I'm working on music for an album but my ears are bleeding to it's time for an internet break.

7. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    I am opening a QSRC [Quick Service Restaurant Chain]. My first restaurant launches on the next month. Will let know about it then.

8. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Well just make something up to get jump started, it gets easier when you get active. Maybe read war & peace? Head over to wikileaks and pretend you're 007? Basically just do something, it's like jumping into the swimming pool instead of going toe first.

Having said that, there's lots of stuff to do, but there's not a lot of things you can do that other people will pat you on the back for. I've found that I have to consciously ignore people who question the importance of what I'm doing. It's not that I want to ignore them, or that there aren't better things to do with my time. It's simply that If I do listen to those folks then I end up doing nothing at all because they never posited a feasible alternative in the first damn place.

Talk about learning chemistry and I take **** for a week telling me I'll never need to know it or that I won't do it. :bang: Said I wanted to learn Japanese and folks pissed and moaned about Spanish then tried telling me to get a better job with it. Don't even get me started on the crap I hear every time I talk about buying a telescope. :puke2:

9. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    im thinking if i should get Operation Flash point or not.
    As for general life,just enjoying some time with my wife and kid since its weekend.

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    currently i just put some garlic bread in the oven, im gonna pig out once it's done.
    then im gonna relax for a bit and watch tv. then im gonna play some demon soul's
    till i have to take a shower to go out with my gf, and get lucky later in the evening.
    :D:D

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Eating breakfast at 11:48 am.

12. RE3FRK

RE3FRK Banned

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 790/1050MHz
    I just noticed how offensive it is to read these normal posts.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It really isn't.

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I eat lots of cookies :)

15. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Just start small and think of something, even if it doesn't seem like much. I'm housebound and can't do a huge amount of things but I don't dwell on everything I can't do (if I did I'd go (more) insane), you just have to look at the things you can do and go from there :banana:

16. RE3FRK

RE3FRK Banned

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 790/1050MHz
    I can't beieve when you try to underestimate someones post only to become hooked again afater you read it.

17. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    edited for drunkenness, sorry John!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  18. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    All in all I'm settling into a quiet "invisible" style of life after having suffered through a tumultuous recent 6 year span that included both my parents dying, horrible relationships ending, a misunderstanding with Homeland Security, among a few other things. As of right now, I am "waiting it out" while a recent hand surgery heals so I can get back to work. All in all life is nice and quiet now. I don't really feel the urge to go out and party anymore. I guess the party eventually ends and I am fortunate enough to realize it while I see some of my peers head down bad roads filled with misery. I found a decent place to live and am still in the process of shaking away a lot of things in my life that had caused me misery for years. I'm both healing and trying to regain a well balanced sense of direction.

19. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Oh really? Sounds pretty involving, good luck with it :nerd:

20. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Studying computer networking and support at college (wooo December then freedom!!!!).

Oh and investigating why a metal panel cover came down in my basement a few minutes ago (nearly taking out my Rockband Guitar in the process!).