Dragon Age

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mcharj11, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    80hrs!!!

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    damn 80 hours!! longer then The Witcher..:D..hope is as bad ass as The Witcher..

3. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    Seems that if you upload the character you create to BioWare's social site, you get another DLC item.

4. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Then again, they also gave Far Cry 2 a 94%, and we all know how that one turned out...

5. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Very true, but it's Baldur's Gate II's spiritual successor so it had better be as good as PCG say.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    this is bioware not like they have dropped the ball on rpgs ever. yes i am a bioware fanboi.

7. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    Woohoo it's out on my birthday! Total nerdout playing it with the week off :nerd:

Now if only I can convince Bioware to give it to me as a gift :)

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Yup, it's supposedly more than two times the size and scope of Mass Effect, I read that in the game's description at Direct2Drive: http://www.direct2drive.com/7189/product/Buy-Dragon-Age:-Origins-Download

I guess that there are two key words there to consider... or three. It's more than two times the size and scope of Mass Effect... just think about it. And the music is composed by Inon Zur (he also composed the music for Fallout 3 and Crysis just to name a few recent ones), which for me will also add to the scope of the game. I can't wait. And the 80 hours count is probably only if the player "rushes" through the main missions. I have spent more than 130 hours in Mass Effect before completing it the first time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  9. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    What? Too hard? That would be a plus. I am really hoping that the game actually requires some strategy (like Baldur's Gate), since 99% of games these days, especialy rpg's have become a joke to play.

10. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I just preordered, hope it lives up to the hype!

11. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    I played the game my first time in about 25 hours total doing everything, besides reading the codex, which I don't think I ever did read fully.

I am expecting many hours though, probably 50+. One would assume when it's taken so damn long to release. :p

12. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    wow, first time through mass effect took me either 13 or 17 hours I forget. Then I replayed and got all the little quests for the completionist achievement and it took like 23 or 25.

However, from the sound of things this game will probably be about as long as BG 1. I just hope they do a proper expansion cause DLC is blowing chunks right now.

13. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Just pre-ordered, was a hard choice between ordering this one and borderlands, I'd rather have this one than borderlands but borderlands comes out sooner... Anyway choice made, I'll get borderlands when I can

14. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    I've decided to take a pass on Borderlands. I'm pretty burned out on playing or hearing about online coop... L4D, L4D2, RE5, Killing Floor, Borderlands, etc.

Sorry to digress.

15. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Just pre-ordered this (the expensive version too... thankfully the army finally decided to reimburse me for something :p) but also pre-ordered Borderlands to play in the meantime/online with friends... and also because I've wanted it for a really long time. Plus I think my sister would like this as well (since she really enjoyed BG and NWN).

16. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Going to preorder soon. This game looks really good and perfect timing for the year as well.

17. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Oh undoubtedly the game will be good. I'm just saying that you shouldn't trust everything that PCGAMER UK says.

I was a bit skeptical when I read that the game was going to be 60-80 hours minimum since that seemed a bit ridiculous to me, even for a Bioware game.

In this thread, a Bioware designer says that the game can be completed in 10 hours by someone who's just rushing through, possibly 100 hours for a completionist, and about 40 hours on average. These numbers seem more accurate.

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=698732&forum=135

Then again in this video a Bioware rep actually has the nerve to claim 800 hours of gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/overview-interview-dragon-age/57901

Obviously it won't be that long, but hopefully 40 hours is a reasonable estimate.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    800 hours could be doable but not on one playtrough, you'd basically have to do everything in the game as every race and "origin" choice which would be a bit much for most people. :D
    (As a side note Bethesda held a competition a while ago about the longest Oblivion playtime, some guy sent in a savegame that had more than 800 hours of playtime but that was only possible due to modifications.)

I'm fairly slow myself as I try to see and do everything but I don't think it'll take 80 hours as I'm also pretty experienced with RPG games.
    (Act 4 in Risen now and very close to the end, around 60 hours all in all.)

19. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Risen... sigh, its a good game but with Tages..... Deep Silver asked me to contact Steam and Steam said I have to contact Deep Silver. Maybe I should contact Satan.

Pre-ordered my Dragon Age^^

20. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    60 hours is quite a bit for Risen. I think I managed to get a little over half that amount of playtime. I completed all the quests I could until they ran dry and explored probably 90% of the island. I'll probably spend quite a bit of time paused and issuing orders in Dragon Age, which will likely up my playtime significantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.