GTX 260 owners

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 12, 2009.

1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Any of you using the voltage tweaking? , got any gains from using it?

2. xxDATAxx

xxDATAxx Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 260 core 216
    I have had no such luck yet with my MSI N260 GTX, which kinda sucks, as it is an MSI card.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

This card doesn't equip with programmable voltage control (not all card has this kind of function), but N260GTX Lightning does.

4. fury88

fury88 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 192 896MB
    GTX 260 Vmod

I have Volt modded mine very easily (once i had clued my self up using google) from 1.05v in the "Extra" drop down to 1.18v and now i can get MUCH higher overclocks...tis sweeett!

before vmod i could only get 685/2177/1472 (Core/Mem/Shader), i could not go one teeny little bit over this on either of the clocks or it would freeze straight away!

after vmod I am on 763/2260/1618/ and STILL going ....need to do more...very happy bout it! ;)

5. Kingnemesis

Kingnemesis New Member

GPU:
    MSI N260GTX-T2D896 216
    Hy :newb:

I have the MSI N260GTX-T2D896 216 65nm version and on this card the tool only changes the 2D Voltage. When it gets to the 3D Mode the default voltage is set again.

The Evga Voltage Tool is working well and is changing the voltage in 3D and 2D. Unfortunately i got no gain in overclocking even with 1.25V.
    My card goes at 729/1458/1296 (Core/Shader/Mem) at default voltage of 1.125V but absolutely no gain at higher voltage.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  6. theGryphon

theGryphon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB x 2
    Yeah, I have to also report that the voltage tuning doesn't work as it's supposed to for my EVGA GTX260 cards with the Volterra chip. It only affects the 2D voltage and it goes back to the default 1.125mV in 3D. Sorry Unwinder for not reporting before, I hadn't tried it before...

EVGA voltage tuner works but in my experience voltage tuning does not help get better gaming OC with air cooling. ATM I am shader clock limited and increasing the voltage doesn't help with that. Maybe it's my cards or maybe it's the cooling limitation with stock fan, IDK. I can get higher 3DMark Vantage clocks though, so all I can say is that it only helps with benchmark scores...

From what I understand, 65nm architecture is mostly shader clock limited and voltage tuning doesn't help with that. The Dual-PCB GTX295 is 55nm and people get "incredible" clocks out of it...

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The readme more than clearly declares voltage control support for original 65nm 192sp GTX 260 models only. Native GTX 260 216sp models are not supposed to have VT1165 and some early 216 cards are hybrids of old GTX 260 PCB with slightly altered voltage control scheme and GPU with additional unlocked SP cluster. There will not be voltage support for such hybrid cards, you're out of luck. And it was already mentioned in the forum before.

8. theGryphon

theGryphon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB x 2
    Sorry, I guess I missed it. No problem, as I don't use voltage tuning at all. Thanks for the new release, it's awesome! :thumbup:

9. fury88

fury88 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 192 896MB
    not sure if you were talking to me but....i have just gone so far now that i am just not believing that the software O'C utility i have (Zotac firestorm) isnt doing anything at all..load of B******s because i was @ 865Mhz core something crazily stupid with memory and shader and i had no artifacts etc bla bla at all....BUT absoltuely NO performance gain whatsoever!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    msi are amazing cards.. mine is seted at 700/1200/1509

11. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    i wonder if it's no possible more than 700 i think i heard something about 750

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009