Nforce Driver 15.51 released!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by 9600pro, Oct 6, 2009.

1. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    is the 15.51 nforce equiped with everything my 790iUltraSLI board needs? Or ist something missing?

2. Reaper.BLN

Reaper.BLN Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX275 896MB
    Installer says "no supported hardware found" on my nForce 560 rig with Windows 7 x64.
    WTF is that? Does someone know the correct string for the MCP and could check it out whether it's in or not?
    Forcing, the needed AHCI drivers, to install gives me a bluescreen.

"Great" job this time by NVIDIA. Never had trouble before but there is no other set working in Windows 7 x64. :puke2:

Thanks in advance!

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ahh, I didn't look at the .inf's but that would explain my "the system cannot find the mother ****ing file specified" error....:)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Don't force install of anything in this set.
    Just let setup install what it wants and nothing more.
    There are most probably chipset specific instructions in the files it doesn't install, so editing the inf strings won't be enough.

Makes sure you already installed the previous "Nvidia nForce 15.35" set before installing this new one.

AHCI drivers are brand specific, you can either use those installed by Windows Update or get them from you motherboard manufacturer.

5. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Just brought the Asus P6TD Deluxe... So far so good.. At least i can install both my 295's without problems.. No BSOD's as yet. Would recomend this board to anyone.. Great for overclocking too.!

6. GTstrudl

GTstrudl Member

GPU:
    GF 8800 GTS 640
    Can someone check if Ethernet Driver is listed in your CP installed Programs ? Ethernet Driver used to be listed as one of the components within Nvidia Drivers.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The driver won't show up in the installed programs list, because it's not a program.

Maybe you're thinking of NAM?

8. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I am running Vista 64 and uninstalled old drivers I think 15.23 and installed 15.51 without any problems. As far as I can tell all components were updated. Network account management sucks. I remember when it was turned on by default, I had to disable it due to it cut my internet connection in half. After that I uninstalled it and never have allowed it back in my system.

*update* I did notice that when you go into the control panel,uninstall programs then click on nvidia drivers, the smbus is no longer in there. I did go into the driver file and saw the smbus file. Not sure if its installed or not. Anyone know why the smbus is no longer able to uninstall under the nvidia drivers in the uninstall programs???

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  9. mystiky

mystiky Guest

I have Vista SP2 (x64) with 780i motherboard running these 15.51 WHQL.

When I go to "uninstall NVidia", I am only showing the follow "uninstall options"

NVIDIA Display Driver
    NVIDIA Ethernet Components
    NVIDIA nForce System Management

Nothing about the SATA/RAID there, but when I go an check the System / Device / Manager and click on nVidia Serial SATA Controller, the driver is 11.1.0.33 and dated 8/4/2009, which seems to be part of the WHQL package.

So I "assume" that the SMBUS was installed, as it is part of the nForce System Management?

Would love some feedback...

10. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I have Vista 64 SP2 also and have the same results as you. So I guess everything was installed and is working.

11. spdracer

spdracer Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX560ti
    This is too weird,my installer only shows the smbus driver. I need 'em all,I'm ready to load Windows 7 and I need this driver package

12. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Thank god (that would be Intel) for the x58 chipset. No more of Nvidia's chipset bull****.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  14. Reaper.BLN

Reaper.BLN Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX275 896MB
    This set doesn't even install on nforce 560 boards, which is really a shame since it's said to be supported by the official website.

Hope there will be a new and improved set somewhat soon.

Have a nice day!