Gainward GTX 275 Golden Sample issue.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by HarryCarrie, Oct 8, 2009.

1. HarryCarrie

HarryCarrie New Member

GPU:
    Gainward gtx 275 GS
    HI, I wonder if somebody could help me with a small issue I am having with my new GTX 275 Golden Sample. It is all installed and working fine (and fast) except that the enhanced mode button in the EXPERTool software is not available. I was led to believe that this button should be available to overclock all Golden Sample editions to clock speeds that Gainward will still warrant. I have tried installing numerous different drivers, and altertnative versions of EXPERTool, and nothing. IT's not a big problem to be honest as the card is far faster than the 8800GTS 640 it replaced, but it is annoying not to have access to a feature that I should have.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

2. methylbenzoate

methylbenzoate Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 550 Ti
    I would get the driver and tool directly from the Gainward site, and try it from there.

Always uninstall all previous drivers and tools, before installing the new ones.

I looked at the Gainward support site, and they are current with the nvidia ForceWare version they offer.

3. HarryCarrie

HarryCarrie New Member

GPU:
    Gainward gtx 275 GS
    Thanks for your reply. I have already tried the drivers/tool from Gainwards site and it made no difference. I also religiously uninstall any drivers/tools and run driver sweeper in safe mode to clear any leftovers before installing new ones.

Like I said, it's not a big issue anyway as I am intending to overclock the old fashioned way with Rivatuner when I have the time, just a little annoying that I can't seem to find a reason for the enhanced mode not being available to me.

4. methylbenzoate

methylbenzoate Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 550 Ti
    All those utilities get the job done anyway - RivaTuner, eVGA Precision, EXPERTool, etc.