unable to use any drivers above 182.50 in Win7 due to refresh rate issues!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by f-town, Sep 4, 2009.

1. f-town

f-town Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460
    i have wanted to try some newer drivers for my 8800GTX to try and have smoother gameplay in BF2
    anyway, in 182.50 i have a full range of refresh rates for my IBM P260 ( i currently run 1152x864 @ 120Hz)

but with any subsequent drivers, i am locked back at 85hz again, even though my monitor drivers are confirmed to be installed!
    the moment i reinstall 182.50, all refresh rates are immediately available again, even without the monitor drivers

thanks for any help or ideas with this issue

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

I have the same problem running Win7-64 with my GTX 260 any driver above 182.50 and no refresh rate options its grayed out at 85.

I also have a IBM monitor ive tried using vista-64 drivers and XP-64 and no luck hope they fix this.

3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    disable DDC is your monitor control panel.

4. vendo

vendo Member

GPU:
    Club3D 8800 GTS 320mb @ 640/975
    What worked for me is: create a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel with the hz you want. Push advanced and select timing standard: CVT reduced blank and hit test.

For a very long time i could not use vista/win7 because of this issue. But using the cvt reduced blank finally worked.

5. f-town

f-town Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460
    the problem is that the only selectable refresh rate is 85hz

6. f-town

f-town Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460
    update

well i tried these on 190.38, and i WAS able to set a custom resolution above 85 hertz...i tried CVT blank but it made the screen too over scanned
    but CVT regular worked perfectly

COD4 multi at 100hz is a totally different game! :)

thanks for everyones help