Woo! Upgrades =D

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Pzykotik, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC

get a swiftech apex kit , swap the nylon fittings for chromed brass swiftech barbs ,and add a second identical mcr220 radiator . you will be more than golden with a monster of a cooling system.

or..

buy seperate parts individually to suit your case enviroment instead of a general kit .

2. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I'm slipping towards the H50 atm, as I said in another post a min ago... for now it saves me buying a new case and spending loads of time setting everything up. Then later when I get a new case and have a weekend free I can set up a proper loop...

The H50 is really cheap and I can set it up in an evening, which is ideal for me at the moment!

3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeah a loop does take up a goo bit of time.

4. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Yeah, don't worry though... I'll be putting drawings and whatever up here so you guys can help me design/build it when I do finally get around to setting one up! I still want the TJ07 before I go water!

5. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    yeah i had to switch to fast loading skin to see what case you had (would be cool if that were somehow changed on these forums).

you would have to bust out a drill ,dremel ,and a metal nibbler for proper liquid in a p180 for sure . i enjoy that sort of thing, but not everyone likes to.

and you are right , h50 would take almost no time at all compared to a full liquid setup.

6. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I've never done anything like it, I'm sure it'd be great... My Antec is too damn pretty though =P

7. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Ok, I've ordered the RAM. Now I need a CPU cooler... There's a pic of my current rig in the gallery, I'm going to keep the same case for the time being so does anybody have any ideas on a good cooler?

I'm not going for a water loop (just yet anyway), but I will consider the AIO systems (Corsair H50 etc) and of course things like the Prolimatech Megahalems.

8. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    +1 for the Corsair H50 :D

9. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Do you have it set up pulling air into the case? Also, do you know how thick it is with the fan attached? I don't know if there'll be enough space in my case!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  10. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    H50 mate ;-)

11. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Woo! So everything finally arrived (I won't go into the hastle with Parcel Force!), I'm installing Windows 7 at the moment =D - I'll bench when I've got everything up and all the drivers etc installed. I'm still on the stock HSF atm, so I still need to know what to get!!! At the moment it's looking like I'll be picking up an H50, unless anybody wants to suggest anything else?

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well, H50 is single rad watercooling which is about as good as high-end air cooling with 120*120mm fan.

If you want good performance with watercooling, get 120.2 or 120.3 rad setup.

Megahalem for example can outperform that H50. Link.

13. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
  14. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    My buddy used to have V10 cooler (freaking huge) and was able to get 4.0ghz out of C0 chip, when he went H50, not only he gained coouple good hundred mhz but also a quiet temperature of sub 30C (27C or so). It's too cheap to pass by!

15. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    The Megahalems is cheaper. I might just wait till next month, hopefully there'll be some proper comparisons available.

16. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    But comes with no fans

lol

17. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I've got fans coming out of my ears! I bought a load of these a while back to use with another cooler... So...

18. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I got noctuas on mine works decently.

19. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I can't work out the Noctuas! I always figured a higher CFM was better... So, the ones I'm using are better right?

20. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Well they better be they cost 15 quid each :puke:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009