Issue with ATI Catalyst Install Manager

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by jeryslo, Sep 26, 2009.

1. jeryslo

jeryslo Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    Hello there!

I just downloaded 9.9 drivers, to replace 9.8 drivers and hoppefully improve preformance in Resident Evil 5 sector 2, which I read has been solved in 9.9 drivers. But when I wanted to uninstall old drivers Ati Catalyst Install Manager just stopped working after I click next to uninstall drivers:

[​IMG]

I have never had this issue before, does anybody have any slightest idea what is happening here?

2. sgtheadhole

sgtheadhole Active Member

GPU:
    XFX ATi Radeon 5770
    you dont have to uninstall the old drivers, the new ones install straight over them.

try running the uninstaller in administrator mode?

3. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Do you use driversweeper?

4. jeryslo

jeryslo Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    I used driversweaper, I even downloaded Windows Installer clean-up to remove all drivers. After removing them with windows installer went to safe mode and ran driversweaper. Cleaned the rest of the files, rebooted and tried to install new drivers. BANG the same issue came up, went to search on the net and found a solution that worked:
    http://www.superwasp.net/weblog/2008/11/ati-catalyst-install-manager-has.htm

I have to go to the cmd and manually run atisetup with parametres -Install and -Output screen. And it worked, but even new drivers I cannot uninstall under control panel, otherwise the drivers are working OK. Also on that site that I posted link it says:
    I have Visual Studio 2010 Beta installed on my system, maybe this is the source of the problem?

5. jbgoode

jbgoode Master Guru

GPU:
    275GTX /GTX580
    This is one of the reasons why I never install any control panel for my Cards. Just the plain driver.
    If the driver is of the same "generation" to the old one I just fire up Device Manager and do the "Update" thing, using the uncompressed driver file.
    That way you can always "roll back" to your previous driver if there is a problem.