Dear ATI Driver developers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TyPe-ZeRo, Sep 30, 2009.

1. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    I have to say the money thing goes for me aswell, i was pretty disappointed when i first had to spend over 680 aud for the card and then another 150 for an adequate cooling solution, i just want stuff to work if i shell out that kind of money.
    I just bought shift, dissapointment again, only 80 % gpu utilisation, dont care really whos fault that is, it should jsut work.

but maybe thats an unrealistic dream :D

after all now im happy enough with the card

2. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    It kinda makes you ask, if its say £500 for a card, how much more would you like for a version that works :)

3. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    but theres a cure for all that, just wait ! we just have to wait for 4rd party manufacturers to come out with good cooling solutions, maybe 3 months after initial launch of the product then again maybe two more months for halfway good drivers and at least a month and a half after every game release untill it runs halfway acceptable.
    but im not taking sides here, i think thats mostly same for both teams.

4. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    The 4870x2 has gained alot of fps since release. In 6 months I went from 37 fps to 64 fps ( average ) in world in conflict for example. Also gained massive amounts of fps in farcry2.

Also all games are alot more stable now then 6 months ago, this however is probably due to win 7 and not only the drivers.

5. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    lol ya and im the fanboy... you had an ati card a "while back" and somehow you are shouting at the devs u want ur ati card to work! no offense but ure pathetic, not because ure an nvidia fan but because u clearelly dont know wth ure talking about:

i had ATI radeon 9250
    9600 pro
    x800 pro
    1900 pro
    4870 512

not even 1 of those cards gave me a single problem, the only card that i have and gave me problems is in my laptop asus m51va hd 3650 card which is suposed to be supported by asus not ati anyways.

so much for your you should be able to make it worth straight away bs, since all do, and since ure such a newb, im gonna explain this once and im gonna be over with u: ATI is not the only one responsible for ensuring its card working flawlessly on all games, each game dev team has to play its part aswell, unless obviously you will notice lack of crossfire performance, graphical bugs and even crashes, and to even make it worse everyone knows vista is the worst possible OS to be running games and its the one with the poorest compatibility support.

You want more? nvidia has been throw the very same problems, infact some issues were solved alot slower one of them i keep mentioning is HDMI AUDIO BUG, which actually THAT is one of the thing totally dependent on nvidia, oh and ur card had several crashing issues with several games including ut3, but somehow you dont whine about that, you just whine about what u dont have.

Asking for perfection is stupid and what u are asking is exactly that, wanting all cards to work flawlessly on all games straight away is like wanting to dive with a plane underwater -.-

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  6. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Your comments arent worthy of an answer.

Grow up.

As you are totally outvoted, and obviously a youngster who knows jack, i guess you are still in nappies.

The world has a lot in store for you and with such a bad attitude, you wont get far.

You seriously are a fan boy,

if you read the post you will see that i am not biased one way or the other.

Im happy to buy the card that works the best.

I guess your trying to get a free card from ATI or something.

You are a pointless waste of space.

When i manufacture a product, its fit for the purpose its sold for, whilst may not be 100% perfect, it works.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    Fanboys everywhere :D

I allways buy performan/dollar I dont care what it is :)

I'm happy either with ATI or NVIDIA ... Intel or AMD :D

I just hate IDE HDDs ...

8. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II

thank you for proving my point, all u do is complain and insult without even knowing what exactly a gfx card is or how it works, this interesting and well constructed last post of yours was pretty much the end, u can insult me all u like i wont reply you anymore, no point in chatting to ppl that dont even know what they are talking about.

9. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Good, clear off. It was you that started the insulting and complaining by the way.

Im gonna wait for all newer cards to come out, see what gives best price/performance also.

Im not the gamer i used to be having been gaming now for 30 years, whilst still fun, novelty worn off somewhat now.

So im less likely to find bugs, coz dont buy as many games.

(bernek) slightly off topic... just got ssd, so ide hdds really seem slow now to me.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 9.8's gave the 4870x2 a fair boost.

11. jbgoode

jbgoode Master Guru

GPU:
    275GTX /GTX580
    I am afraid in today's gaming world both the hardware and the software are equally important.
    I also believe that the driver support provided by Nvidia is better than ATI's.
    In fact it only takes a couple of days for them to release a beta driver for any brand new title to function properly

12. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    I totally agree, just after release i was really disappointed with the performance, but its steadily getting better, i hope that stays like that, even after the 5xxx release !

I can actually reassure u that the improvements are not only win 7 im running vista x64 and it improved alot aswell.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Show me some screenshots from games and I show you some, then we see if the image quality is poorer. ;)
    It can be thou, that the ATI card is faster when I force my gtx setup to render at higher IQ, one of the reason for me to consider a 5870.

The only Nvidia card line with bad image quality compared to ATI was the FX series. That is a long time ago.

You are probably right when it comes to out of the box setups, but I bet that current generation of Nvidia cards can render as good as current generation of ATI cards.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  14. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    you can search it for yourself, try tony hawx for example and compare nvidia dx10 with ati dx10.1 obviously ati image quality is quite noticeable, and thats not true about the fx series ive tested a 8600gt vs radeon x800 pro, even the dekstop looked like crap compared to the ati one.

about nvidia beying able to rended as high quality as ati, i honestly doubt that and only time will tell.

15. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, looking atm first time in years for ati drivers myself. once a month? lol.. Seriously that sucks in straight. I loved the NVIDIA style to leak drivers while some had really even new features.

I just bought for test couple ATI cards and hell this CCC or what ever haven't changed a bit since last shown it still is bloat ware + it still doesn't have any really new features more like removed features (where it seems this company can't even fix half of them even on their monthly update style).

and this word 'vivo' o my god wasn't this the video player **** they used on 90's I mean imaginary naming rocks.. Now avivo for video modification? hehe..

16. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    and im the fanboy :grin:

17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Well i just bought my ....5th ati card in total looking forward to it :D

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Well, I can put my card to render with 4x4 super sampling instead of using CSAA.
    Next I can force the usage of Ambient Occlusion, though I find combined ambient and diffuse looking better.
    And there a few other things that can be forced, which gives an overall better image.
    Remember that most comparisons on the internet are made with factory set driver presets.

http://techgage.com/articles/graphic_cards/roundup/hd48701gb_gtx260216/Comparison_Shots.zip

I find those screenshots from HD4870 and GTX260 pretty much equal though.
    One can discuss shadows on the Crysis Warhead images, but else its pretty much the same.
    Some things are moving even if you stand still on the same spot, like the fire and the sun, sky and birds in FarCry2, so there will be a little difference on that part.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    If you wanna talk about driver quality, or lack thereof, it must be the time when the HD2900XT's were released. I was one of those hadrcore ATi guys who not only grabbed one, I grabbed two! The drivers then were atrocious, failing to install....I had to install again and again to get it to stick. Then I had to wait for newer drivers for better CrossFire performance (it wasn't called CrossFireX back then). When I'd gotten my then spanking new HD3870 X2's, CFX worked better but did experience a couple of driver install issue. I skipped the HD4xxx series becuz there were/are DX10.1 cards, same as the HD3xxx I had.

Now, with 2x HD5870 in CFX, this beta driver has not given me any cause for complaint. CFX work right outta the box with the 8.66RC6, sure I may not get optimal FR for now (for Crysis anywayz, get something like 35fps to >60fps @1920x1200, Very High Spec, 64bit DX10) but I've seen how FR can shoot up after a driver revision or two. Although I love my ATi cards, that hasn't stopped me from grabbing nV cards, I have a Palit 9600GT in my HTPC/Backup rig, a 9500GT (can't for the life of me recall the brand, can open up the side panel to check but am too lazy now) in my surfing/backup/2nd HTPC rig. Also have an 8600M GS in my lappy....hmmm, maybe describing myself as 'hardcore' ATi isn't quite right, right? :D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  20. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    I had a NVidia 8800GT once - replaced it with an ATI 4870 1Gb and haven't looked back. Not sure if moving to Windows 7 was also part of my solution but after been a loyal Nvidia customer - I was sick of their constant Beta Drivers, hard locking of the OS in game and heat issues of their cards.

With the move to ATI I have had great stability and decent drivers especially with connecting up my computer to our Panasonic 50" FullHD Plasma. It works and well. Nvidia was a real PITA to run into HDMI on the Plasma.

Like always I will keep my head to the ground when upgrading hardware but I will try to support favourable price point/performance with open standards and drivers. ATM ATI is the one to support here and although their multi GPU solutions require driver update support for games they usually come to the table after game release and support their products with Multi GPU game profiles.