GTX 295 Holds On To The Crown

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by LedHed, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah have to agree. plus in all of this thread i dont think led has once made a single positive comment about a 5870 or a different card to a 295.

surprise me led! (dont think he can do it).:wanker:

2. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    295 sucks from every perspective when compared to 5870..only that it performs a little more..

3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    thats what ive said earlier in the thread :lol: led gets too "protective" of whatever card he has...i remember the same attitude with the 8800GT he had and his 8800GTS 512 lol

4. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    +1

Looks like a fanboy thread to me

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Somebody seems happy.
    Sure doesn't seem that way.
    No kidding.. :3eyes:

6. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Put glasses on and go to read a BATTLEFORGE benchies DX10 vs DX11. With current drivers 20% better performance. EA said Battlefield Frostbite 2 engine runs 30% faster in DX11 vs DX10 too. :)

7. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    The fact is things are getting better from each generation; price, performance and everything. So, accept it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  8. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 275
    I'll only buy Nvidia cards, but I can appreciate what a leap ATI have made here - much faster than the 4800's, single card, lower power draw. The crown is theirs to lose now. I don't want one, but that is besides the point!

9. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I stopped reading after this

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I read about 4 posts in this whole thread but my 2c Ledhed is that you sound like a fanboy with a capital "F"....

Really dude....:3eyes:

11. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    ledhed has RMA GTX295,i think that is his 3rd gtx295.
    no dis my friend but u are a fan-boy thus u will always be bias and unfair to ATI and no I'm not a ATI fan boy this 4870 is my 1st ATI card but u need to admit that if it wasn't for the 4800 series ur gtx295 would cost u a kidney.
    I think u need ATI more than u think,be like a hospital and admit it,u do...

12. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 275
    That's your perogative, but I have a few CUDA apps that I use a lot which won't work on ATI cards, plus I'm a bit of a PhysX advocate on the quiet. Plus their linux drivers tend to be a lot better than ATI's..

13. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    what in the hell are you talking about? I get defensive over what card I own? I said from the start in this thread I was hoping to see a new single GPU dethrone the 295, but that didn't happen. Now since I own the card that is on top people are going to call me a fanboy? I've owned 4 ATI cards and 5 NVIDIA cards in my life, if you call that being a fanboy then I guess we are all. I just made this thread to show benches of the 295 vs the newly released 5870; this wasn't intended to turn into a whose E-Peen is bigger contest.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well of course - I can understand why you only ever buy Nvidia.

CUDA & Physx technology has been around for what, at least 10-15 years now?
    And I'm sure you know as well as I do that the most - if not all games and applications support both Phsyx & CUDA.

Not to mention what a great gaming platform Linux makes.

And lets not forget about their breakthrough with Hybrid SLI....pure genius in my eyes. I think there is even one OS and at least 2 GFX cards that actually support it.

Makes perfect sense to me.....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  15. Manu2009

Manu2009 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    It's a new series of card that both companies will put on the table. Hopefully the balance of power will shift and ati will beat nvidia not by pricing but by power from their gpu !

it will only give a kick in the butt to nvidia and we can only expect extremely more power cards to come ! Looks awesome to me ! Who ever gets their best cards out, I'll be happy to buy the most affordable and powerful one.

For now, no doubt the 5870 is the best single gpu card out with more features than any other. The 295 is more powerfull yes, but only because of the double gpu and the better driver and game compatibility. We can expect it to be high-mid range in a year or so!

16. eagled1

eagled1 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI 4GB
    This thread reminds me of which is the best car. To each his own I say. I'm glad ATI is keeping the heat on Nvidia, otherwise they'd just get fat and happy to crank out mediocre crap. ATI makes excellent GPUs it's just that IMO I find Nvidia has more game support, and driver selections.

17. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 275
    lol
    Very funny.

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Manu: what... you're saying that the GTX 295 can be expected to be high-mid range performance in a year or so? DUH! NVidia isn't going to rely on the 295 for the rest of eternity.

krayzie: Your point? This is my first GTX 295, too. i didn't have to RMA mine like some did. The only reason i'm even thinking about possibly RMA'ing it now is hoping i might get a single-PCB version... but according to their tech support, that would be unlikely. As for you saying that if it weren't for the 4800's, the GTX 295 would cost a kidney........ how? IIRC, the GTX 295 not only came out after the bulk of the 4800 series, but also after the 4870 X2, and outperformed every single 4800 series card, including the 4870 X2. On top of that, i've already said DOZENS of times that the GTX 295 is still the same price it was when it was released. So... i don't see what you're trying to get at with it costing a kidney if it weren't for the 4800's.

Panzer: You say 20% and 30% and such... but from what i've seen just by doing a quick search.... the only thing i've seen was roughly in that area.... but you might be leaving out the critical "Up to" part that comes immediately before those percentages. I mean hell.... i can get up to an 800% improvement in Half-Life 2 Deathmatch with the settings maxed. Granted i have to be staring at a wall..... but 800%!!!!

jmpnop: wow... i didn't really realise there were so many "perspectives" to a video card. I never knew that people cared more about everything else that a video card brings BESIDES performance. Like i've said before... other than DX11 which is useless right now (Note: RIGHT NOW. don't want some idiot spouting AGAIN that i'm saying that nobody needs DX11, and MS shouldn't have even created it), and whatever that thing was for displaying on a bunch of monitors that i forgot the name of (which shows how much i care about THAT feature), or that stuff with improving streaming audio over HDMI which is only really good for home theater systems or people with their computer hooked up to a nice home theater reciever (which probably isn't a mind-numbingly high number of people)..... there isn't much else that the 5870 brings to the table. Like it's been said... if someone already has a GTX 295, switching to a 5870 is idiotic, because you're not really gaining anything besides features that either aren't usable right now, or aren't usable without spending a boatload more money on more monitors or a high-end HT reciever.

19. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    The man has a point. Many in fact.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    and all are fairly drivelly and meh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.