Fear 2: Half price on STEAM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    As the title says. Also, Fear 2 Reborn for £2.99

Never played it, so thinking of buying this one. Worth it or not?

2. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    At that price it's worth a look. Decent game, not as good as the original though

3. Raiasokura

Raiasokura Guest

GPU:
    evga rtx 2080 ti
    Currently playing through FEAR2, brilliant game so far true its no where as good as the first one in terms of pushing our current hardware but its still followed up from the first, the graphics are also very nice theres some nice lighting effects in there and water effects, some of the physics are also decent.

I have no idea why some reviewers rated it as low as 5/10, I think that one was eurogamer the EG reviewer likely got out of the wrong side of bed on that day I suppose ;), I think the reviewer was more disapointed with monolith than the game itself, more than anything. I would say 8/10 would be more appropriate for it. its a fairly solid shooter overall.

Theres a few things i dont like about it although they are minor, and it does lack a few things what made the first one so special which is likely mainly due to it being directly ported from the consoles. but Still i'd recommend it if you liked the first one, its still as action packed. I would deffinitely recommend it for that price.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I didn't like FEAR 2. It didn't have that same creepy atmosphere as the first and it just seemed like they tried to hard to make it scary. It didn't really turn out that way.

6. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I got FEAR 2. It's worth it at half price if you got nothing better to do. I'd give the game a 7/10 at the most. Found it boring, repetitive but nice gfx. I'd have to say the first one was better but then the experience was fresh at that time. Fear 2 was nothing but the same old with slightly better gfx. 10x more people play FEAR combat than FEAR2 but I like the mech's in FEAR 2.

7. Raiasokura

Raiasokura Guest

GPU:
    evga rtx 2080 ti
    -POSSIBLE SPOILERS WARNING-

The demo was better than the full game it showed the game on a different reflection to what the full game did, the first part was very good until the nuke went off, the graphics were also decent and the overall feel to it was good. The other parts did seem somewhat rushed and repetitive at times and were no where near the standard of the first its true they could of made the game a lot better as it had a lot more potential.

We can likely blame the consoles for that and the developers choosing to go multi format on release obviously to make more money, I still havent finished it so i could change my opinion about it.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I won't reveal anything, but the ending was freaking weird. The last 2 levels of the game were by far the best IMO.

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.