Can any extra power be unlocked on a 9500 gt with rivatuner ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by FRAGEYE, Sep 21, 2009.

1. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Hi all,

I haven't a card to test but want to know if any power can be unlocked with a 9500 gt ? As in the unlocking tool in riva not overclocking though. Like any shaders opened ?

Thanks fellow gu's.

2. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I also have one of those cards laying around, and im interested in knowing if this is posible.
    From what i know, i guess its imposible, since there havent ben Shader or pipelines unlocking since the 5xxx series. because they cut them by laser now.

3. Im2bad

Im2bad Guest

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Not possible, so forget about it.

4. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    I have unlocked power before on a 8600 gt and it boosted performance besides overclocking, i see some 9600's have 64 sp's and some variants have 48 sp's, i wonder if the 48 versions can be unlocked it might be possible, as i say before a 8600 had some unlocked and worked fine. Some of the 9600's 48 sp versions are dirt cheap.

Oh the 6800 series i unlocked too.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You should talk to that one guy on these forums who unlocked extra "sharders" from his card. I believe it was a 8800GTS. Apparently he can work some type of voodoo with nvidia cards.

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Who has the link to the "sharder" thread. It's a good read. LOL.

Another that comes to mind, was a guy who changed the device ID of a 8800GTX to an Ultra. It didn't unlock anything, but gave skewed 3DMarks. Good idea, but only if you want to cheat at 3DMarks ladders.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
  8. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    MMM, i'm gonna get a 9600 tommorow, cheapo asus 48 sp's and see if i can unlock the sp's to 64. That extra 16 would make a difference. For 35 quid well worth trying, i'll let you know tommorow. I know about unlocking and flashing just don't have one of these to try.

Thanks for links and comments.

I just like unlocking power for free, a lot can't be unlocked due to model etc but some can.

Also i do mean shader processors, as if these are unlocked you get instant boost of power if you are lucky. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  9. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Unlocking a 8800GTS? you mean the G80 Versions? I have 2 of them, Unlocking the extra shaders would be incredible :|

10. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    I think you might be able to unlock something on them. :)

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It was a joke. The guy who claims to have done it is a fool.

12. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Hmm, I readed the post, what a dump a*s*

Well, the only thing i got left its to buy new cards, my Sli of 8800 GTS are getting old, overclocks of 680 GPU 1600 Shaders and 1000 mhz memory have reached the limit of what this cards can bring.

Im thinking about buying a ATI 5870 when it comes out and use one of the 8800 GTS as PhysX card.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You're full of ****. On cards with "disabled" SP's...the SP's are physically cut from the circuit. It's impossible to "unlock" them. The GF6 cards were the last to have pipelines disabled electronically. GF7 cards had the "extra" pipelines physically cut from the circuit. GeForce8 and 9 cards have the "extra" SP's physically cut from the circuit. Some of the GPU's still contain the extra SP's, but there is no possible way to reconnect them to the necessary circuits to make them functional.