College Student Allegedly Kills Burglar with Samurai Sword

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JACK4HIRE, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I think we can all agree they only want some goods of value or money and not really to take someones life.

Being philosophical about the situation doesn't mean we'd be chilled when we encounter the same situation ourselves. Obviously, we can all judge the situation at hand. I feel for the student though. He was probably just pissed off and never mean't to kill the guy.

2. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    Lol, doesn't Europeons knows as worst system set-up. I am getting fly-blood sucking everywhere in my home. A poison attack shall endurse victim to death for free at Eurosucky. You knows, when it come to contract to their way. Means the director is death. And I'm calling you idiotic director from Diamant Groep.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    This one is still going, great!

Unless my life was actually threatened I would not kill a burglar even if I had the protection of the law. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed violence for years, I'm actually considered quite good at it.

For me though there a situations that call for extreme violence without prejudice and others that do not. I believe that I would be far less likely to have an extreme stress reaction to someone breaking in to my house in the dead of night. It would probably be quite fun, but an average Joe is going to think that 'this is it'! This is where we have the problem of what is reasonable in the circumstances.

I know the burglar is not coming to kill me, he is only after my wallet. I know I can kick his arse. If he is 'carrying' then and only then, everything changes!

These discussions always intrigue me, there are generally two camps. The people who believe a life is forfeit for entering a home and those who don't. Personally, I believe even career criminals can change. Everyone deserves a chance.

I think Bernie Madoff has wrecked more lives, much more seriously than this thief ever did or would have done but because he didn't sneak in like a thief in the night he lives, the other guy dies. Its a tough call.

Most burglars are pathetic and of no threat to anyone's life! For instance, how many burglaries end in a murder?

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    As a criminal prosecutor, I'll say you don't know anything about it.

5. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    [​IMG]

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    In the US quite a bit do, but compared to the overall amount of burglaries done, it's a small percentage. I don't think Bernie Madoff can be compared to anything involving somebody entering your personal space, if someone is dumb enough to get caught up in a ponzi scheme lol to them... Some people have more money than brains. The guy attacked the person on his own property. END OF GAME for him

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Didn't someone kill themselves because they had lost everything to Madoff? I was just trying draw some comparison between different thieves.

I think a lot of people are scared about finding someone in their home and perhaps this is how people can justify killing in these circumstances.

Home is where most people let their guards down, where they would probably feel most vulnerable I suppose.

8. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    How can you know for sure they aren't coming to kill you? How do you know you wont be overpowered? Maybe you wont have time to react to him pulling a weapon? Maybe theres multiple intruders?

I don't think their life is forfeited when they enter a home, but they are skating on thin ice. Once they decide to physically threaten the lives of the occupants, IMO lethal force is justified.

I don't know, but I have no interest in being one of those that end in murder.

I'm not talking about shooting them as soon as you see them and in the back as they are leaving. But if they in any way come at me in a hostile manor thats going to force me to fear for my life, I'm not going to take any chances with my life. Remember also I'm going to have a loaded firearm pointing at them during this encounter in my home, if they decide to come at me under those circumstances. That says something about their intentions to me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  9. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    [​IMG]

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    As John already said in another thread in the pub:
    And RRRage, I know that you're obviously using some kind of (online) translator to get your message across, but this post here:
    does not have the least to do with the thread's topic.

I know that it can be hard to learn a new language but at least try to stay on topic as some posts throughout this forum are really borderline dubious.

11. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I think we can all agree on this.
    The question is in the defense of mere property.

12. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Samurai Swords = Cool

That pretty much sums it up.

13. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    I see that you rather believing that Obama is called murdener. If you believing through random people so much. Decline and true where 12 year old kid can't handle. Therefore strange to attack don't sound strange to me. Where goverment assumble such a childish law. Where one person posted the vulgar can rob so many times as it want. Because their lives is never on dangerous from the obvious victim that does always the same. Saying the same word ''I warm you'' like a dumb child.

14. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    wad da fuxx?

15. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    babelfish sucks doesnt it ? :D

17. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i dont believe your point is coming across properly.

18. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Babelfish can do a lot better than that... I think he is using some kind of ancient machine (those little handheld translator/dictionary back in the 90's or even 80's) and translate it word for word.

19. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    Oh I c you rather believe people with IQ of one digits.

20. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNG

Holy **** RRRage actually made sense in one of his sentense, but it was a self-diss it's amazing :D