Mars vs crysis

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by USFORCES, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    I cant run AA in Crysis but with my 3x 9800gtx setup i can get 50-55 fps with 1792x1334 16xAF and max ethus settings which is still nice to see....but AA in Crysis specialy Supersampling is incredibal to see no doubt, just whish they would stick to faster cards when they are originaly realsed..

You know, The Asus mars, will be identical to the GT300 in terms of performance...give or take 5-10%....so Asus mars in SLI...MEANS gt 300 2 way SLI in performance, by about a margin of 5-10 percent....and well. it always happens this way, 3way gt300 SLI will be like using 3 ASUS MARS if you could do that....it will most likely be 10% faster just like everthing else since the ****ing 7 series...

1 8800GTX= 2 7900GTX in SLI

takes 2 9800GTX SLI to = 1 GTX285

takes 3 9800GTX SLI to = almost 2 GTX 285

9800GX2= a wanna be GTX 280
    2 9800GX2 QUAD= 2 way SLI GTX 280 but about 10-15% worse

oh and btw with new relase of a card, support is better in terms of scaling

itsa like Nvidia is using the GX series of cards to basically show u whats comming as a single solution in the future carmed into one...

so if your excited about the new GT300 dont be....if you seen Quad MARS SLI 8GIG setup, then u have seen the potential of GT300 2 way SLI setup....it could be 10% faster because of newer process, but thats the point...

the only mystery that is left now is 3 way SLI GT300...how will that perform...
    thats the only option that will be faster if the CPU can keep up with it in terms of RAW performace and the only setup to finally see an outdated, outplyed, boring game like crysis finally run at 2560X1600 max at 60FPS...you have my word and can make this post a sticky if you want....

2. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    boy look at that stock 295 fly, anyone with visual sight looking at these benchmarks + the cost difference would have to be insane to go wih the Mars for 7-9fps or less.

3. ShadeZeRO

ShadeZeRO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275

uhh.... I came.... :banana:

4. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    Anyone else ever ask wonder why devs cant make games that don't require the newest hardware to run well?? I seriously don't get it. While the MARS is a total waste of money it's still a performance monster. A monster that only gets 47 FPS at 1680x1050 AAx4. That's BS. Plain and simple. The performance requirements of PC games these days are ridiculous. You shouldn't have to shell out $500 or more just to make the game playable.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I don't wonder why games (and OS's for that matter) are designed to push the hardware to the next level. $$$$ If you can't afford the high end to play the high end, get a better job and support your fellow workers.:) Or lower the resolution and eye candy.

6. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Exactly, if they didn't use the newest hardware we'd still be on software rendering and midi sound. Crysis was released two years ago, and its still the best looking game around. Now thats a good achievement in PC terms considering games seem to age quite quickly in a graphical tense. Crysis will still look good for a few more years too untill other game engines are developed to take advantage of DX11 and new hardware improvments. Until Rage is released too :p

7. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Ive got the case for those classified evga setup..

Dont think ill be using them though... A little out of my budget.

Mars seems silly,(for me), electric bill too high as it is......

Ive only got 8800gtx, but is ok, so not sure where this multicard thing will end.

Personally id rather have reasonable gfx card and other slots used for other things.

Oh well guess thats progress ?????? (will let you make own mind up )

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i get about the same as that if not better with my setup...asus mars is a terribly overpriced product bang for buck

9. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    they will become collectors items as probably at least 33% will fail at some point from overheating.

10. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Yeah according to that article I should have kept my crappy HD4850 as it pwns the GTX260... lol... gonna have to bench my card now just to re-confirm to myself that I haven't got a steaming pile of sh1te for a graphics card.

...and as for the asus card, it should be renamed the Asus Useless because really, it is.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It may in a few hand picked games, but the GTX260 beats a 4870 in the majority of games, so i wouldn't worry.

SickBoy254698, PC gaming isn't about having it playable when its all maxed, every game including Crysis is playable if your conservative with the settings.
    If everything worked fine maxed on $500 hardware, then it wouldn't be a PC anymore.

Thats what consoles are for.