Nvidia makes a hilarious bold claim xD xD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by thecake90, Sep 12, 2009.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    It's not arguing, it's the fact. GTX 295 may be the fastest card on the planet right now (in retail form), but the biggest income comes from all the HD4xxx cards that are selling like crazy. And AMD knows that better than NVIDIA it appears. I don't care about highest end card, because i won't be able to afford it anyway. But if vendor manages to offer great performance for decent price, i'll grab that.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Obviously mid range cards like the 4870 and GTX260 sell more considering i can get them for around £100 in the UK, even get Batman:AA with the 260.

But without us knowing the margin on every card, its only guesswork that these ones are the most profitable.

Last i checked, ATI still only had 35% of the market share, though it was up from 31%.

3. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    HAHAHA its getting heated in here. Also no matter what nvidia will always have the upper hand because they are in bed with the gamehouses. So folks gets used to the ' NVIDIA ' logo when u load up a game.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    We're at the in-between point where pc's gfx will be able to be a real next step-up from consoles (while we await the next gen ps and xbox).

Whatever we buy, if it's dx11 it's going to rock. I only hope more new games rock with it too :D We may have 2+ years of more devs coming back to focus on pc games due to this!

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    he was talking about how GT300 will own tha 5870 so I just said yes, but more expensive, and look at the two high end cards at the moment for an example.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I dont see the big deal, technically the statement is true as the ATI cant produce the physX effects. So the nvidia card would be quicker.

Any other game and the $400 ATI card would win. or even if the effects were disabled.

7. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    It is not hard to see the 'big deal'. Nvidia took a very specific situation in a very specific game run under certain conditions and said our $129 card is better than their new flagship card. It is indeed very true but without understanding why and without proper context it gives a false impression of the cards. Especially preceding it with things like "The gaming world has moved to dynamic realism, which depicts actual physical movement more realistically than ever before." When in fact if you look at the number of PhysX titles past, present and future they make up a very small percentage of games. It is just implying things that are not true. That's all. It isn't that big a deal, typical marketing.

8. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    Well we shall see. Seeing their is finally a engine based on Ati which able to run 5760x1200(Crysis 3). Where Nvidia based engine(and games) always struggle to handle above 1920x1200.

Edit: Especially since they are using same people(Remember DX10 first batch faulty cards). I am not surprised. Lol.

9. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yeah but still if people read the statement it is true to an extent, i agree typical marketing, but ATI/nvidia have allways done it so i dont see the deal so to speak.

10. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Yeah, fair enough. I'm with you to be honest. There is nothing there to get really get worked up about.

11. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    AMD and Pixelux Team up

http://www.*********.com/news/13158/amd_and_pixelux_team_up/index.html
    T W E A K T O W N

12. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
  13. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Lucas Arts was a great developer....in 1995.

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I though that they didn't need anything like that because based on their comments Cuda is useless and this is copy of Cuda.

So... How much are they going to put money to game developers to make this worth it? And when were are going to see something (games for example) which use this DMM for Maya ? Nvidia is known that it works with game developers and has invested lots of money to Cuda and PhysX and you can see results with Batman: Arkham Asylum and some other games which use PhysX and there are also some cool programs which make good use for Cuda & Nvidia gpu's.

Cuda is free, this ATI thing needs Maya which is not free...

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cuda is one of the things that keeps me wondering about the new Nvidia cards before jumping into pre-ordering the 5870when i start my next upgrade.

I use Cuda on every 720/1080p mkv i watch, every DVD movie i upscale and every video i encode for my phone.

PC's aren't just for gaming.

16. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Is this thread really still going?

17. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    [​IMG]

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    ATI cards are ok bang for buck,but the drivers have some serious issues which is the reason i will not go ATI...if they soryt there drivers out i may jump ship but its highly unlikely

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    funny , i could say the same for nvidia.

both sides struggle with drivers, thats the way it is :)

besides imo besides the recently releases 9.9 drivers, i havent had real issues this year

20. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I have never seen anywhere near the type of problems I saw with my old 4850 Crossfire setup and Catalyst 8-9.1 all crashed with any 3D load. Sure NVIDIA cards have issues too, but that last CF setup left a really bad taste in my mouth for ATI drivers. I mean they even released 2 hotfixes specifically aimed at fixing the 4850 CF BSOD, but neither worked. ATI releasing hotfixes proves they know the issue is there, but they can't fix it.