Win 7 and Wireless PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by softcris, Sep 12, 2009.

1. softcris

softcris Active Member

GPU:
    XFX-HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5
    I'm in a Zepto 6224W - using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits- old but still quite ok with today standards . 4GB DDR2, dedicated GT8600M Gforce 512MB etc..)

My Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN ( via Intel¨s site there's no driver for Win 7 much less for 64 bits Win 7) So I try the Vista 64 bits...no solution after it..still same. So I reloaded the default driver for it.

I got this after trying All I know:

Information for connection being diagnosed
    Interface GUID: 2462376e-e377-4b9c-8bb0-6fe9f8472931
    Interface name: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
    Interface type: Native WiFi

The system won¨t let me TURN ON the Wireless capability that is turned off and is the cause of the problem!

Anyone can give me a clue?

I did format all, install from zero the Win 7, all updates and sill can't give the list of available wireless network!
    thanks for right solution.:pc1:
    I ry all, from my ISP to Zepto itself passing via Microsft by phone here in Sweden (they told the OS is not yet release here so..f..y..in others words!) No answers until today at the Win 7 forum...
    cris

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    this is me being captain obvious... but did you enable the wireless radio from a button on the laptop? it's usually turned off by default
    it's either a dedicated key or a fn combo
    is your wireless led blinking at all?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  3. softcris

softcris Active Member

GPU:
    XFX-HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5
    thank you!
    the wireless led is 'on'.
    was 'on' and will be until I closed the lap top, when I open again comes back automatically.