Red Faction Guerilla Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DevilsKnight, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol that's one of the things i've been noticing lately, too many orange/yellow tinted games, i think it all started with GRAW1, also games such as Velvet Assassin, Damnation (pos of a game) and more.

the good news is that by lowering Post-Processing in Wolfenstein you will get rid of that yellowish crap.

how about a yellow Hockey/football/basketball sport game :D bleaaaaah

to be fair, its one of the things i hate the most when it comes to new games, but considering Red Faction is about the red planet Mars, i guess its forgivable.

:cool:

2. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    you want it to be green with blue skys? lol its mars but...... yeah I know what you mean

3. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I really liked the original Red Faction, but Guerrilla isn't interesting to me, mainly due to its third-person view. They started with a first-person-shooter, then resumed with another FPS for its sequel on the PS2 (although I didn't liked it anyway, I admit). I just don't think that going in third-person and forcing it (no option to go first-person) was the best decision to resume the franchise. I perceived that as if DOOM 4 would suddenly become a third-person, it made no sense to me. And the contrary would have been true as well. I loved Mass Effect (third-person), but if BioWare suddenly decided to move Mass Effect 2, or maybe 3 into a first-person view game (shooter-oriented or not) I would have been a very sad panda.

And outside of the view angle issue I'm simply not sure about the game's context and story line. For me what made the original so great was the overall "Half-Life meets Total Recall" feeling along with a Paul Verhoeven'esque story telling and presentation, I noticed none of that at all from the videos I've watched all over the web so far, it looks like a generic third-person shooter in which you just blow everything up. But maybe I'm wrong. I think I might buy it eventually, when its price will be greatly reduced, and if I have to wait one or two years for that to happen then so shall it be, I'm not in a hurry for it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  4. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    Ditto!

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ooops didn't know it was set on mars, but you do get what I'm aiming at so all good. So is it a good game?

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Console version is FANTASTIC. iam sure this is too!

7. PhonyEye

PhonyEye Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970
    I'm hooked...
    Great game, haven't played the main missions yet, enjoying the side missions a plenty!
    GFX is great, the explosions are awesome and better than any other game i've played. The only problem is the aiming... it's stiff and not fluent. i also have weird moving sensation, like small pauses and drop of speed every few meters when i drive a vehicle... anyone else feeling the jerky movement?

8. Hyetal

Hyetal New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512MB
    There's definitely an issue with performance. I remember reading something similar about Saint's Row 2. As the fps increases, any motion does as well. Though when I was doing one of the timed side missions, the actual timer went faster when my fps went above 25-30. When it hit 60, the timer went twice as fast. So yeah, that's weird, I guess?

Either way, it's obnoxiously annoying.

9. tausau

tausau Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX
    the game is actualy brown-yellow ( sorry for my english), but the destruction of everything is superb. enjoing it. for sure. no probs with the performance playing on 1920x1200 smooth, with 8 AA, everything max.

10. Hyetal

Hyetal New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512MB
    Well, the color scheme is kinda.. fitting.. don't you think? It's Mars, after all.

And I fixed the speed issue by defaulting the clock speed on my CPU.

11. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    Thanks for the info!
    My friend got the game.He says it runs smooth on his Athlon 5000x2 and single 8800gt, 2gb RAM, everything maxed up.
    I havent seen it yet so i cant confirm that it is true.
    Tomorrow he is going to lend me the game so ill see for myself....

12. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Another buggy port, hence it was delayed. Weird flickering, tried different CATs, speed issues,god knows..
    This strains your CPU to the max and due to inept engine this also locks up(sound loop) after a period of time. Not worth the money, but OK for a random playabout.

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    sound does not work with 5.1, no rear sound and when set to 5.1 there is dizzling sound, wierd low quality sound.
    but when set to 2.1 the sound is as it should be, whatever the reason por esto....(i have windows 7 rtm)

14. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    Same here ... its a known bug, so i quess there will come a patch soon :bang:

15. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    Yes it is.Just switch to 2.1

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    someone post some screens or something, i wana see if it looks better than my PS3 version.

17. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

max setting 1920x1200

18. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Wow, anybody else having problems with this game? I'm getting alright framerates but the main menu is like 5 FPS and my video settings keep resetting. Sometimes it starts up in windowed mode with 1280x720 resolution and I'm unable to change the refresh rate. Also, in-game I get a "stutter" every 3 second or so. ( It feels like the game goes slow-motion for a split sec when it happens. ) Turning off SSAO removes the stutter but it makes the game go hyperspeed so that isn't an option... With SSAO on I got ~30-50 frames usually ( but sometimes it just drops to 10 for 5 seconds or so and then goes back up. ) and that shouldn't really cause it to stutter...

19. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Try to use Catalyst 9.7.

20. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Did you have the same problem and did 9.7 work for you? I just installed 9.9 hoping it would be fixed so I don't want to roll back and forth in vain.