no advertising please

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Princess_Frosty, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I've recently just put the finishing touches to *URL removed* which is a non profit website built for gamers, it has been designed to provide pc gamers with as easy way of finding fixes for problems like broken widescreen, mouse acceleration you can't remove and unsupported screen resolutions.

At the moment there isn't a lot of games in the database so if you would like to help and you can post all the criteria for a game then just reply and let me know and I can add the game quite quickly. If you spot any mistakes please let me know so I can investigate and correct them ASAP.

If you can reguarly add games to the list please PM me.

I hope you all find this helpful, please leave comments and suggestions, also please be patient with loading, at the moment the website is hosted on my home connection so may be a little slow at times, dedicated hosting is coming soon :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
  2. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    this forum is getting better and better! GOOD JOB and GOOD LUCK!

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Really nice work looks great, bookmarked here. thanks for the hard work.

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Pretty sure quake wars does have mouse acceleration

5. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Looks promising, but what do you mean by mouse acceleration?

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Good work. :)

7. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Thanks for the encouraging comments :)

Mouse acceleration like all the other catagories are explained in standards section, you can get there from the menu or click the image header at the top of the catagory.

8. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    games list is tiny :)
    meh website ;)

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Last time i checked all websites start small and build up :bang:

10. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    i think you should post on the site all the hit videogames from the past years. low-end systems still exist you know...

11. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Well I've only just started populating the database over the last few days and I don't have every game to test, so I need some help. Even if you provide information for just 1 game that helps grow the database.

Thanks for the comments, could you be more specific, do you dislike the colour, the style, the layout, the menu, the database, I appreciate all feedback, this is my first website and I've built it from scratch just in my own time, it's not a commercial venture. If you have some specific points I will try and address them when I have time, thanks.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I like the color and the layout the blogs are a good read to some nice outlooks on stuff.

one thing i might change is listing games in alphabetical order in your list, might make it quicker to see if the game your looking for is listed, or not listed if you want to add info for a particular game, than reading or skimming the whole list atm.

then later on you can break things down by links like gamefaqs and such does like A, B, C etc etc of course when the site really starts to expand and you get a ton of games in every alphabetical category.

13. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Thanks, the blog is really just a place I can vent common thoughts on gaming, it's not really a primary goal of the site just an added extra that is hopefuly a light interesting read.

I appreciate the feedback with the database, at the moment they're listed in the order they're added so the newest are at the top, I am awaiting a bit more feedback before I judge if I should change that or not.

I did actually have an alphabet bar originally which i removed because I didn't think people would use it, but I've had several similar comments about this so there is a good chance this will return in a future update. You're right on the money though, there's not enough games for that right now, once I've grown it a bit I will revisit these ideas.

14. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    I've just tweaked/added stats to the front page which should show the size of the database and number of fixes etc, it's pretty small right now but should steadily grow over time :)

15. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Nice website i really like this.

16. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    Seems like a nice site indeed, I'll see if i can help compile information in my spare time

17. Princess_Frosty

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    That would be much appreciated getsuga12, I'm also adding contributors to the about page :)

18. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I like it, bookmarked.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Nice. :D I have a couple games I can help out with when I get a video card again.

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Great site and a good idea to have it all in such a combined form. Normally you would have to google around to find all these infos.
    I'll provide some facts to older games i still own when i have time. :)

Btw: if a game has no menu entry for antialiasing, but i can force it on via nvidia drivers would this be considered a fix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.