Controlling RivaTuner from the command line or scripting it?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by madiyaan, Sep 2, 2009.

1. madiyaan

madiyaan New Member

GPU:
    gtx8800
    Firstly, congrats on writing such a brilliant tool.

I want to control RivaTuner, specifically, the shader/ROP/memory clock values from the command line or using a script.

Basically I have a long list of different frequencies for each of the shader/ROP/memory clock values, say, 10 each. I want to go through each and every one of those (which are 1000 total combinations), and run my benchmark application to get the fps.

How can I do this via the command line or using a script? It would be awesome if I could come up with a bat file with 3 parameters for each of the clock values and would somehow set the frequencies to those parameter values.

Can anyone help me with this?

p.s. the reason I posted it in the generic forum is because this is my first post.

Regards,

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

CLI doesn't allow you to operate these things directly, but it give you the way to load any desired launch item, which can has associated overclocking and fan profiles:

RivaTuner.exe /L:"<item_name>" or RivaTuner.exe /L:<item_id>

3. madiyaan

madiyaan New Member

GPU:
    gtx8800
    Thanks for the info, Unwinder.

So to do say, 1000, different configurations, I need a script that will generate 1000 different profiles first. And then pick them one by one.

A profile as far as I understand is a registry key. Can you confirm that is the case? Is it a registry key or a file? Where is it stored? I need that information in order to write a simple script to create 1000 profiles. Can you give me an example of a profile with only the three clock values?

Thanks for your help once again.

Edit: seems like it is stored in the registry. I am looking at the hex values of the key and seems like the when I change only the memory clock, the first 16 bytes are changed. I'll change the other clocks and see the impact on the registry key. Can you tell me how the binary data is stored there? I want to be able to generate arbitrary clock numbers and store them in the key.

Edit2: seems like the format encrypts the data somehow using the current time? I created a profile and another one a while later with the exact same parameters and both have different data in the registry key. Does anyone have any idea what format the key is in?

Thanks,

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009