190.62 WHQL drivers available.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Onoskelis, Aug 21, 2009.

1. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    :banana: The drunken idiots finally fixed that! Uninstall of 190.38 and/or install of 190.62 didn't delete the Run key this time.

But still broken (XP32, 8800GTS 512, SLI): :biggun:

- The AA Transparency setting causes things in HL2 (and HL2-based stuff) like metal beams, wood, rocket laucher, fast zombies to be transparent.
    - Occassional flickering (and seemingly disappearance) of shadows in L4D.
    - Bad flickering and occassional color tint of Faith model in Mirror's Edge.
    - Didn't even bother testing default UT3 SLI profile, I immediately change it to "force alt. rendering 2" for the correct performance here.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  2. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    Just Scan doesn't give 100% accurate 1:1 pixel mapping. Plenty of blurring and ghosting going on with Just Scan.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thats the point of Just Scan though, to do accurate 1:1 Pixel mapping, why would it not be accurate, you wouldn't set a BluRay player to PC for it to do accurate pixel mapping.

I have mine hooked up to the HDMI1 input, with no blurring or ghosting.

4. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    These drivers would not allow my shader clock to go into 2d mode which increased my idle temps by 8c

5. linson

linson Member Guru

GPU:
    PC 5850 + LG 32LH70YR
    @redemtion.

I still think the VGA has a sharper color, Red in my lcd is washed out. whenever there are red text or graphic ... it is kind of blurry. I still think 16:9 setting would do much better... but it would cause my screen to go out of position. This has to be a driver problem, not within my lcd, since all 186 works fine.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Mine is too until i set everything up on the TV, add some digital vibrance, and tweak stuff to the way i like them, but then again you may just prefer the VGA, whether its accurate or not, what you prefer is more important.

Its definetly a driver thing, whether its a bug or a feature i have yet to find out, will try myself when i dig out my VGA tomorrow, as now late/early here.

Thing is, if its a bug it will be fixed, if its a new feature for 1080p TV's over HMDI then it wont be.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I installed these drivers last night and so far they seem stable and work fine. Game profiles now seem to be working OK, even those that force AA in Unreal Engine 3 games such as X-Men: Wolverine (edited the NvApps.xml file in the Windows\System32 folder to remove the line that was preventing the use of the override AA setting from the profile), Wheelman, Unreal Tournament III, BioShock and Mass Effect so that was a big improvement for me. The earlier 190 drivers had broken profiles for me.

It might be my imagination but I swear that the games I tested seemed to have poorer framerates, especially those UE3 games I tested with forced AA. I noticed some stutter and drops to 20-25 fps, something I've not seen with the 186.18 WHQL drivers. I need to test more games though.

The downclocking to 2D speeds seems broken too. I tried Ghostbusters and quit to the desktop, used EVGA Precision to check the clock speeds and they'd dropped. However, once I'd played Wolverine the clock speeds remained at 3D speeds even if I then tried Ghostbusters and quit again. The Global power management setting is the default Adaptive. I'm wondering if this might be the cause of the erratic AA performance I mentioned in the second paragraph?

For now I'm keeping these drivers, mainly for the Batman: Arkham Asylum optimisations and the working profiles, but I'm a little disappointed at the performance for UE3 games with AA.

8. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    I can't really see a difference with these drivers from past ones. My processes are back up to 25, which I guess is normal for my system. They were down at one point to 24 with the 190.38s, but that was due to the drivers turning off something I believe.

All my games seem to run just fine with Forced AA and AF, and are with in about +-1-2 FPS of other drivers. I would have to say as far s synthetic benchmarks, I have yet to have had another drivers that has been as stable as this set. I have hit 167799 three times on AM3, and have only dipped to a low of 166700 once. Past drivers could go as high as 180034 on run or as low as 163000 a next.

9. TeethDestroyer

TeethDestroyer Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX Titan
    Force AA on panel control still broken for me (Vista x64 SP2). I have to force on global settings in control panel to achieve the desired AA or AF in games. Then, revert to previous settins on global settings and the profile saved ok...strange, like 190.38.

And a very big bug still without solution: when change the resolution (vista) in one game under native and restart the computer....the resuliton change to that game´s resolution...

10. VERRY

VERRY Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850
    good driver, SF4 running well

11. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    So we have a major win. It turned out that after 1st driver reinstall, I hadn't got any game profiles. 2nd reinstall - they appeared, including Age of Conan and SLI kicked in. It appears that they offer a little more stable framerate.
    I can't really complain about idle temperatures. In-game temperatures seem to be higher, but I think one can expect it, because of better performance. Changing from high-performance to idle power mode takes a little more time than in case of 186.18, but this transition appears and doesn't hurt. Power management is set to "Adaptive" (all the settings are set to default) and I could see no in-game slowdowns (but I haven't tested for very long time).
    It looks like they stay.

12. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    I only ran GTA4 benchmark and got the same numbers.

The biggest criteria for me ist that FINALLY Alt-Tabbing in WoW works....it was a pain since i USUALLY always have WoW in the background (if i am not playing)...and i get a whisper or something and it took me a minute or two to alt-tab back w/ the 186.18

Clocks are ok on desktop..i see it also switches BACK to low-power 2D mode.

Eg. if i run JDdownloader (!!!) it seems to use DirectX somehow...turning card up to full speed...but if i exit it quickly clocks down. So far, so good.

13. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    something i noticed with drivers 186.18, when 3d apps is run card clocks to 3d speeds. and when 3d app is stopped it takes around 5 mins of idle time before the card clocks back down to 2d speeds.

maybe this is why people think that downlocking to 2d speeds is not working in these newer drivers?

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Odd, I have the pretty much the same setup as you but the profiles are working fine for me, although they weren't at first. I followed the tip posted here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=303093 and it was working after that.

I am using the latest version of nHancer though, v2.5.3 Beta 2, whereas I wasn't when I tried the 190.38 WHQL drivers so I'm wondering if it somehow corrupted or messed up the game profiles?

I've experienced this myself a couple of times - my PC booted to a 1024x768 display - but thought it was a fault with my new HP LP2475w monitor. However, it only happened twice and I think it was after playing the same game, one which initially loaded to a 1024x768 resolution before switching mid-load to the native resolution of my screen 1920x1200. Thinking it was some DCI/DDI (or whatever it's called) quirk I disabled it from my monitor's OSD and I haven't seen it happen since.

15. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    yes, it can take some time! And..as said..some apps you wouldnt even expect can also trigger the higher clocks once they use DirectX in some way.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Odd question but now these drivers have negative Digital Vibrance does anyone know the percentage I need to use to get more natural (i.e. less vibrant) colours from my HP LP2475w monitor which has an extended colour gamut? I currently have DV set to 43%.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The downclocking to 2D speeds after I quit a 3D game with the 186.18 WHQL drivers was pretty much instant for me as it was with the earlier 180 drivers too. This doesn't occur with the 190.62 WHQL ones though, I've seen them downclock after playing Ghostbusters but for every game I tried after that they didn't, at least they never in the time I'd been monitoring them.

I'll test this more thoroughly across the weekend because in my case the drivers did appear to downclock to 2D speeds at least once when I first tried and quit Ghostbusters, and EVGA Precision showed that it *was* running at full 3D speeds in-game.

18. linson

linson Member Guru

GPU:
    PC 5850 + LG 32LH70YR
    I really hate this new drivers!!!! it makes the dsub go out of position. probably has something to do with the refresh rate.... Im getting tired of modding the inf .... using the old 1 and editing some, still could not fix it.... crap!

[HDMI] Just Scan makes the text blurry, or too sharp.... and movies got a lot of noise.

[VGA] screen off position even with disabled edid.

19. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Fantastic drivers, didn't bench them yet but I'm pretty good at seeing when a driver is worse or better and these are better then 190.38.

Tested many games, 0 problems.

TV out via VGA A-ok in 1900x1200.

Superb !

20. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Rest assured, I don't know how either, but MANY are doing stuff wrong :).