D2X Win 7 Drivers + patch

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ArCElM, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    I have found some win 7 drivers on asus site, and applied a patch from sombody called daniel k.

Not rly any idea what it all does but I was wondering if anybody had any tips/advice with regards to utilization of the D2X on windows 7.

My setup is simple,

D2X + Sennheiser HD595 + Windows 7.

Nothing else.

I have found, ODDLY enough though, I prefer to use 2 speakers + Dolby Virtual Speaker + 7.1 virtual speaker shifter, RATHER than Dolby headphone, but its early days yet and I have only tried call of duty world at war.

Here is how I have it atm
    [​IMG]

I found that things behind me seemed TOO loud so I pulled myself away a little towards the front speakers, and spaced out the.. I dont even know what to call them, middle left and right? I dno tbh what im supposed to be doing.

ANY ADVICE? I am trying to get a nice balance to hear enemies all around me accuratly positioned.

must say though, so far its a distinct improvement over my Audigy 2 :D

2. Deckard79

Deckard79 Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9600GT passive
    The drivers for the D2X work fine for me on W7 without having to apply a patch...

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You org had to install the game patch that was located in asus driver patch to fix the issue with hsMgr asus services stopping things from opening after drivers was installed in windows 7.

So unless they released a new driver with the fixed included for the D2X then you dont have to, I didnt check D2X section. But the fix isnt included in the windows 7 drivers for me. So I have to run teh game patch which happens to fix that issue with Hsmgr in windows 7 builds 7127 and up.

4. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Jesus I think its probably late and im tired tbh, but ive tried to read that several times and I dont understand it at all :(

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB

woops I meant asus vista 32/64bit driver section. I thought I said it, instead i repeated a word.