Card going?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Plan6m, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Plan6m

Plan6m Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GT
    Greetings All

Was wondering what you all thought about the following issue I am having.

While playing Vanguard, I all of a sudden got artifacts on the screen then computer froze. I rebooted and everything was fine. I checked gpu temp, it was fine along with all other temps. Using Windows & btw. Then went back into VG again and same thing happened. So I shut down the computer and checked everything out. Fan on card working fine, cpu, fine, all looks normal.

So I boot up to desktop and after about a minute computer freezes up. So I am thinking maybe it's a software problem and it's giving me bsod. So I reboot and this time into Windows XP and the same thing happens. So now I reboot and go into Safe Mode. And everything is fine and no freeze up or anything for like 20 minutes, then I get colored lines down the screen. Any ideas? Thinking it's hardware or maybe driver issue but if a driver issue why is it doing it in both OS?

Thanks for any help.

Plan6M

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I'm a go with it the card maybe powersupply,but i doubt that I would lean more to the card

3. Plan6m

Plan6m Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GT
    Thanks for the response Tsu. I hope it's not the psu, just bought it a couple months ago, but you never know. right now I am still in safe mode and still going, although still have the lines on the screen, no freeze ups. I have a 7800 GTX I am gonna po in and see what happens. This also happens during boot up. The boot screen gets all jumbled up.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  4. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    +1 for card. The power supply has enough AMPS.

Btw is it a 8800GT, you've written 8000GT:3eyes: