Vista: "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered"

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NeoElNino, Jun 30, 2007.

1. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTS250DK TOP 512Mb
    So what's the point?:3eyes::)

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    He posted how he was able to solve the problem which could be a potential solution for someone else, too.

Thanks btw, sg72. :)

3. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    With all my respect, you call this a solution?:3eyes:

Af far as I understand noone can post something real usefull about this problem.
    Almost all solutions, that I've heared (read actualy) and not only here was not the solutions at all. All I've learned, that exists the list of factors, which have the influence on this error. But! They are not causing it directly. This "great" mechanism just sensitive to them. The problem is in OS (because the ATI users have the similar problem) and Microsoft just give a sh!t on all us. This makes me sick.:puke2:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    I agree.
    Noone can post something. That is absolute, about this problem.:infinity:
    And I think you are wrong in your assessment that it is Microsofts doing.
    Go work it out for yourself. You will become wiser and less inclined to frequent Forums where you expect everything to be handed to you on a plate.

AFAIAA. You glean and choose what is appropriate to your system and if it doesn't work. Then you go it alone.As I am sure you know? It can be just one click of the mouse or touch of the keyboard that can make your experience blissful or troublesome.

Just because someone posts. "Hey! Thanks for the help" Does not mean a solution has been found for everyone. It normally means: " I had that solution for 20 minutes " But then, when I downloaded "Such and such" a program or tried to edit. "This or that". I then ended up back at square 1.

Vista: "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered". Is here to stay.

It is a message to say that YOU!!! F****D UP. What did YOU! do?

Go figure.:flip2:

It took me a couple of weeks to realise that "Proposed solutions" were not the answer to my particular problem. Once realising that this problem had been going on since Vistas inception. 2007? and that SP2 was the apparent "Be all and end all" solution. (It wasn't for me.) It then became. "My Problem" and not one that could possibly be common to everyone else.

I had to post "My solution" because folks get miffed if you just disappear without an outcome post.

Mines was mines. If it doesn't help? Then. If anyone reads it. It is just another piece of info. To take on board and use, or to be disgarded.

So it goes!:bounce:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009

5. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    He posted a description that fixed this error for him, so, yes, this is a potential solution for someone else. Nobody said that this is the way how to fix this problem guaranteed 100%, as it has too many causes, but for sg72 it worked and hopefully it's going to work for a few more people in the future, too.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  6. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    Poor bastard. You payed your money for product that don't work as it should and you think it's not Microsoft must solve this problem. Who then? Maybe me? Maybe you? For the money we all payed for this piece of ****'n sh!t? Experience is nothing to do with that. And you not the person who can judge my experience. What do you know about it? Nothing. So you can go and **** yourself. If you so "smart" to not figure out first thing you must check is how your hardware installed. Then what can be said more about you. nVidea)))

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Maybe its time for the silent naughty corner for MLuppov? People are here to share their experiances! If that does not work for you, maybe you should go somewhere else? As far as I have read youre posts, you have done nothing to help anyone youre self?? You are just rude and unpleasent! You got a warning from the mods already, dont take that for granted or you will not be here for long...

Instead share youre knowledge, not youre stupidity!

8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    You were already given a warning before.

This time it's an infraction.

Next time I see you posting something like this, I'll give you either a temporary or permanent ban.

9. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    Sorry MODs.

But I have to answer.

Earlier on in this thread. 2 months ago. I made it plain that I was a Noob.
    I had no experience of O/C or indeed "Running to the Edge" (For what reason? Is beyond my comprehension.)

I purely wanted a system that would run Programs/Games/ Software to a standard that I would have expected from my outlay/specifications.

When I initially ran my system(Totally new to me, with Vista 64) Of course I was disappointed with the "Error" Espescially, when I did a search and found that this "Error" had beeen cropping up since Vistas inception. With grievances/solutions running for about 6 months and then nothing!!

It was like.
    So why am I getting it now. When all had went quiet 18 months ago.? Microsoft did have a "Hotfix" which I installled and then learned quickly that Vista SP2. meant no apparent requirement for the fix. And yet my proprietory system was still obtaining the Vista: "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered" message.
    It was then I realised that I was way behind the times and had to investigate further.
    So I came on this Forum (I am a member and had chosen my system based on purely Guru 3D. Recommendations/reviews.)

I am now somewhat disappointed with the Outlook of some posters who take it upon themselves to do nothing but try to enhance their superiority over others without actually saying anything useful.

I do in fact have the paraphenalia required to do all the O/C, bench testing stuff . But to be honest. I have neither the time of day or incling to post things that may help 0.000057% of the Guru 3D Forum in the regard of "Edge of performance running. (I leave that to the experts who do.)

AFAIAC. If you are still getting "The Error".(With all your superior knowledge)

Then. Your head is to far up your ASS! That you can't tell S**t from "Shinola"

I have a perfectly running system (For my requirements) that was indeed thanks to "My vendor". Who supplied me with a quality system at an unbeatable price.(In my country) Also gave me V.Good advice and also supplied me with another Graphics card to try if I wanted. With no obligation/Cost to me.(Not required)

You know?
    That's the kind of service, that sways it for me.
    Other than some T**t with a "Fluke 77A" and an attitude.:biggun:

Move on.:look:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  10. Lindor

Lindor New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/GeForce8600MGS/512
    I’ve had my laptop for exactly a year now and I never had any problems with the video card or drivers. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve updated the video driver since I bought it last August.
    It is an HP DV9933cl. The warranty expired last week. It is still under store warranty for another year.

The past couple days, I’ve been getting the following error message when I was trying to play WoW.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
    Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I’ve never had this error before. It caused my game to crash, and then my whole desktop to stop responding. When I tried to restart, I would get randomly colored pixels and wouldn’t be able to access anything.

I had tried the startup repair and that didn’t work. I tried system restore and that would work for a few hours but then I would just get the same error message again. I started searching for a solution. I saw that windows came out with a vista fix for it but when I tried to install it, I got a message stating that it wasn’t working for my system.

I’m assuming that since most of the error messages I saw were from 2006-7 and the fix was dated in 2007, it must have been included in Sp2.

I was running ForceWare version 177.13. I updated it to 186.03 which is the latest version for my card on the Nvidia site. That seemed to only work for a few minutes and then the screen went pink, restarted, and went back to random pixels again and windows wouldn't load.

Right now the Startup Repair doesn’t work, and system restore to an older date only sometimes works. I can get into windows through Safe Mode though. Safe mode has some random blue pixels but the desktop still loads and functions. When I load BIOS there's no scattered pixels.

I contacted HP and they ran me through some call scripts. They believe that the problem is that I burnt my video card, possibly through heat and they were going to send a box for me to ship it to them and have a look at it. They said that the would replace the card and it's subject to a System Restore which would reset everything to factory settings and I'd lose my files.

I'm just wondering if I'm going to get screwed over by them if they just do a system restore which would be a temporary solution and not replace the card and I would just have the same problem a few weeks later.

Any thoughts or solutions?

11. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    Give your L/T a good cleaning. I.E. A Gas blast and a Hoovering out.

Sounds like an OH. problem. (Doesn't just happen from downloads/reprograming..)

Think you need a good "Stoor" Cleanout.

You have had this Laptop. A year now?.

Have you cleaned it out? It will come as a surprise to find out that a Computer is just as efficient a Vacuum cleaner as your "Dysen".

It's just that the "Dysen" shows you the "Crud". The L/T doesn't.

Clean the damn thing!!!! It will be back to First day usage/performance. If you try?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  12. showdown_king

showdown_king Banned

GPU:
    xfx gts 250 1 gb @stock
    it actually shows if u overclock ur card too much and then stress it(using furmark)

13. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered"
    and when driver comes back videocard won't clock up from 2D clocks to performance 3D until a reboot. it stays at 3D low power :( any idea
    nomater what drive i use. i need a full restart to make this working
    windows 7 x64 build 7600. 2x Palit GTX 275

14. Silentspy

Silentspy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X
    having this issue with call of duty world at war 1.6 patch and killing floor, all other games never had this issue, running windows 7 RC 7100, 190.62(nvidia 285 gtx), is there any solution out there? i tried 186.18 drivers and taking out all other pci cards(including disable all sound at all), im not sure if this card is defective or not since i never had a issue with any other games

gonna try with my other card tommorow(8800 gtx)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  15. [Shadowcat]

[Shadowcat] Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4890
    I gonna put my experience here that i had with both Nvidia and ATI cards. 2 weeks ago my 9800GTX died. That card gave me the error message we all know so well: "display driver blablabla..." Tried a lot of stuff, nothing worked. I thought: I'm not buying an Nvidia card again, i'm going ATI. Installed the card, after 20min or so, the same prob!! I'm going like: WTF?! not again! aaaaaaaaargh!! I started to realise that i may not be the cards at all that caused the problem, but maybe something esle. Threw open mij case, started inspecting everything.

Then i noticed that my power supply was a 520w that delivered 38A on the 12V rail. I'm going like: WTF?! (yes again), i didn't knew i had such a crappy power supply. Went out, bought the corsair HX 750w that delivers 62A on the 12V rail. It was better but it didn't solved the problem. Then last week my ram died. So i had to change ram as well. Still, the problem didn't went away.

I really wanted to solve this problem so as the last possible solution for me, i was ready to under clock my card. I didn't wanted to do this, because i didn't payed for a card that i have to under clock in order to work. I under clocked the GPU 40mhz, from 850 to 810, and now everything is running smooth as hell. No more "display driver..." errors for a few days.

I'm pretty sure, if i had underclocked my Nvidia card, that it would also solved my display driver errors on the nvidia card.

I hope this helps for some of you. Just try it and underclock the card. I did it and i'm not regretting a single second of it. :)

16. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    LOL! No. I think you're just on a lucky run right now. IMO, you should never have to 'underclock' your card to fix a problem. Funny that it happened on ATI too. Until now I thought it was a nVidia error only. I had this problem on win 7 rc 7100, I had it in the 72xx builds too.. 7139 is the only build I haven't had the problem on. It's likely I'm just on a lucky run too but almost a week now on the build playing a whole lot of games with no problems. Win 7 is buggy(it is.) but if you haven't tried installing DirectX I'd try doing that with the latest distribution.

17. talrusher

talrusher Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX275 @752/1620/1296
    have the same problem on windows 7 retail... have oced my card and tested it with furmark with no problems. there are a few games that has the problem: half life ep 1 and 2, stalker or the new wolfenstein...
    games like farcry2 or the new resident evil runs very fine even if i set aa to max...
    tried to lower the clocks without solving it

hope this will be solved

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  18. ferante

ferante New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 8600m gs 512 mb
    Same problem for me .. got a hp pavillion dc9740us .. with nvidia geforce8600m gs 512 mb video card ... have this laptop for allmost 2 years .. and recently keep getting this damn error .. cannot play anything .. tried reinstall drivers.. win restore .. nothing works... + all sollutions for this forum

19. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    Nvlddmkm has been removed from 195.39! Cheers!

20. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Disable the device in device manager then re-enable it to reset the clocks

you'll just have to enable any global aa and clock/fan settings again.