Nvidia 190.56 beta drivers.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by powerspec, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sheira

sheira Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 DCII
    IT doesnt seem to support gtx275, anyone with this card tried those?

2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    275 is supported :)

%NVIDIA_DEV.05E6.01% = Section005, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E6

NVIDIA_DEV.05E6.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

3. sheira

sheira Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 DCII
    Ok, am gonna install them then and try some benchies and gheyms.

4. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    ok,... just don't run nhancer... it seems it corrupts perapp aa/af profiles.

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I had similar problem with 186.18. The only thing that seemed to work was forcing TV to maintain input aspect ratio without any overscan. Auto-sizing didn't work properly (tested on Samsung plasma, series 6)

I haven't yet switched to 190 series. Has anyone compared the overall performance in Age of Conan? I had SLI issues with 190.something-early, but they might be caused by nHancer as well. Win7 64bit 7100 here. I have to call MS and ask about RTM.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    its new with this driver, i saw it too in win xp.

where did u find those drivers because i didnt try those yet :nerd:, lol or are they vista only?

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ven0m, if you mean, the JustScan/Full Pixel, sure it will called something else on other brands of TV's then, but 1:1 pixel mapping is the only way to properly view a PC on an HDTV.

8. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    Yes i also tried to force hdtv to maintain aspect ratio but not working also, had to go back to 182.50 and all is working fine. Hope this is not an ongoing problem with nv. drivers from here on out.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Something wrong with the load balancing bars?
    Had them running last night to ensure SLI was working, and didn't see anything wrong with them. :eek:

10. Valagard

Valagard Guest

"Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered"

Over the past couple of days I have gotten this with just putting around my desktop, like when using ICQ or watching movies

Videogames are also doing it (And I was so enjoying the instant alt-tab in and out of WoW too) as L4D and Bionic Commando both trigger this error, and when driver comes back videocard won't clock up from 2D clocks until a reboot

So back to 190.40's for me

11. rimmer66

rimmer66 Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC
    Looks like those tossers at NVIDIA can't get anything right lately - It is beyond me why those bloody arse bandits would not provide an option to enable or disable auto clocking instead IMPOSING their crap on us all - rubbish drivers, maybe this explain the crap performance people are getting, what a bloody shame NVIDIA I hope they are reading this forum.

12. schnopsnosn

schnopsnosn Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870 @ 900/1200
    i dunno what's wrong with your driver-installations, but profiles as well as switching from 2d to 3d work just fine for me without having any problems with low power 3d...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Makes a change ATI drivers have been awesome lately. Increasing performance in the latest games, new crossfire profiles added, and better IQ. Great stuff, used to be the other way around. Do not fear though I am sure Nvidia will make a kick ass driver soon which will be mostly bug free and give all you team green owners a nice boost in fps and IQ.

14. Faile

Faile Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX570
    I have problems in Win7 with the 190 drivers and nothing except the CPU in my system is overclocked and the CPU has been like this for several years now without problems so I doubt it will suddenly make my graphic card go unstable.
    Fallout 3 was stuttery, hell, even Return to Mysterious Island 2 (a god damn adventure with static pictures) has problems with 190 drivers where everything is extremely stuttering like bad interlace, quite weird.
    Installed the 186 WHQL (.16 or so) and everything is totally fine again, so I really seriously totally doubt that it's a problem on my side...oh, btw, before someone tells me it's my windows install or other programs installed...nope, this is a fresh install of Win7 RTM.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Guess your in the 10% then :p

I have reasonably similar setup to your, wee bit under, and also with a new W7 installation, so will dig out Fallout3 and try that, as i've no problems with anything i've tryed so far, but maybe i've just been lukcy and accidentally avoided problem games.

16. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Nobody said there was anything wrong with them.

17. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896

...ATI drivers haven't been any different of late. still the typical opengl FB addressing issues and broken texture formats,. still works one one computer and fails on another, just like nvidia's.

.....still say half the problems with nvidia drivers are PEBKAC.

18. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    yes, because the RTM is entirely bug free :rolleyes:

try installing the leaked updates.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Did you take a peek at the code sniplet I posted previously?
    Maybe you can identify the difference between my working forced profile and yours which I get the understanding of, doesn't work?
    The directory usage for nvidia own profiling has been like I wrote for some time now, not sure if it started with 185.xx or earlyer.
    And when you tweak with nhancer the nvapps.xml that exists will get modded too, since you still need to link communication to nvidias
    contorl panel.
    And that I know is 100% how it works, since if I make a backup of the xml there after I tweaked it either by nvidias conctol panel or nhancer, do a clean reinstall of a driver and then import the xml to the C:\ProgramData\Nvidia\ folder, all tweaks I made are avaible/applyed.
    As for app forced AA/AF working:
    Under testing the new driver I even disabled AF and AA in the global profil to check if I was correct in my asument.
    And as I thought, nvidia control panel set profiles do work as they should.
    So for those where it doesn't work, either the xml from previous driver is still there or there is some access restriction preventing the system from changing its entrys.

20. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    I too think 90% of the problems is id-10t/pebcak ...

but this time around I'm too having problems wit the 190's ... the drivers itself are okay, but downclocking fails/get stuck in 3d mode after certain games and benches while it does work with other games and benches... since this feature has been working perfectly before the 190's I can only conclude something that was changed in the app detection broke it for me...

besides that I have the same prob across os'es on several very different systems, some not even oc-ed, I'm sure the oc-ing has absolutely nothing to do with it, I always meticulously check my oc's and do use fresh installs, backups or def clocks if in doubt... I also keep 3 different os'es multibooting and some more on separate disks going for testing purposes, and it happens across the board, I'm positive it's the drivers that broke that feature.

I'm not saying the driver is bad, because other than this broken feature, performance wise I'm quite happy with it. But I'm kinna baffled that something that has been working for ages now suddenly doesn't any more...

my watt meter shows the system is taking like 40watts more in desktop/idle mode :(, caused by the card getting stuck in 3d clocks, and of course this is also visible in system/card temps and clocks.