Oblivion "stealing from shops" question

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bippukt, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Guess if it's too hard just move the difficulty slider in the game menu to the left. Should be quite easy at 33%.

2. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Well not just hard as in hitpoints/armor...but I got absolutely sick of those ghost people and dogs...stuff like that.

I dunno, just preference I guess. OOO does have some cool stuff in it...just found Franseco's more to my liking.

3. bippukt

bippukt Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 512 MB
    Well, I had my first session (started a new game) with OOO+KCAS and while it was harder than vanilla, I didn't find it to be too hard. I guess a warrior has an easier start as compared to a mage :D

Anyway, I will complete my current vanilla game and then return to the mod. I still haven't read the readme files properly and don't intend to. Plus, I got a severe headache yesterday (~40C temp with 95% humidity can do that to you :puke2:) and couldn't do much. Hopefully, Sunday will be better :)

4. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Best thing to do is to start over from scratch if you install mods for Oblivion. Sometimes it can **** up the whole game for you.

I remember my brother had all stuff he found on his long journey gathered together in his small house at imperial city and placed everything on the tables / shelves / baskets etc to make a cool screenshot of all his loot.

After installing a mod and entering the house he heard a loud crash and had his stuff flying all over the place because a mod changed the model of 1 thing in the back of the collection. So when the physics engine kicked in a chain reaction started with all the stuff bunched together. LoL!

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I guess I should clarify, I took blade, block, marksman, destruction, restoration, repair and athletics (spec magic with will & endurance). I always cheat myself about a million lockpicks and my +5's to 3 stats per level if I don't get em (never sell the lockpicks it ruins the game).

The problem with the mage is you only have a dinky 17point damage spell & a 8 point heal to start with. Regardless, Now that he's up and in the mages guild it's a lot easier, though still very challenging involves a lot of running/kiting/ledge exploiting. Breaking a necromancers tank can be a giant PITA starting out, never had a use for drain magicka pots in vanilla oblivion now I make regular use of them.

Character is up to lvl 5 (60 destruction) and in about 3-4 levels I'll take him into the meelee, assuming I can find more greater/grand souls for absorption enchantments (I'm not wearing armor).

6. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    As a mage i totally went melee. Everyone i touched was hurled back with electric shocks, Emperor style. har har

7. bippukt

bippukt Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 512 MB
    A mage seems to be more different than the warrior. But he also seems to be more fun. Warrior without "deadly combat" mod can get pretty boring and tedious.

And I am staying away from the "deadly reflexes" for the time being. I might get mod-o-philia otherwise :p

8. bippukt

bippukt Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 512 MB
    I have a question - will the "deadly combat" mod that comes packed (in an ESP file) work with a vanilla game, ie will it work without the OOO mod?

9. bippukt

bippukt Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 512 MB
    Well, it seemed to work but my vanilla game was being spoiled by different menus and whatnot, so I removed it and all other mods.

A word to the wise - Use one mod/mod combo at a time! Some mods can interfere even when they are not active!

Also, regarding the original topic, the stolen items in the shops DO NOT reappear after 3 days. I tried it myself with no luck. I think the 3 day respawn time applies to dungeon loot and not shop items.

10. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    You cannot enter the shop cell in 3 days (make it 4-5 just in case of the hours different). That is the default respawn time for any 'respawnable' cell, cell like your house are not 'respawnable' so that the stuff you put in won't disappear.

Any mods that alter the default time or the cell (like changing it to not respawnable etc) will obviously change this setting.

11. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    That's why its better to use huge modpacks that have all in 1, and then costumize them to your personal style of playing.

12. bippukt

bippukt Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 512 MB
    I disabled and removed all the mods and then waited for 72+5 hours, but the shops from which I had stolen were still empty of the valuables. I will try to wait 4 days to see if that helps.

Well, I had to get burnt one time to become wise :) ... Luckily, I was a programmer, so I had noticed which files/folders were new and so was able to delete them without having to re-install the game itself.

13. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Some global variable will be forever messed up. It would be better to load a save before the changes.

Maybe that particular shop cell is set to be not respawnable. Or some other mod messed with the setting. The default is 3 days without entering it, if its still bugged, try clearing the cache.

14. bippukt

bippukt Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 512 MB
    I am using a save game which didn't have any mods enabled. I guess I need to do more testing - everybody says it's 3 days, so it must be 3 days.