need help before i completely lose intrest in games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, Aug 1, 2009.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all i found a game which kept me interested like 30min but their seems no point to it Superstars V8 Racing its liek grid but boring,

thanks for letting me know about Drakensang it seems to look quiet good also ive played sacred and its ok but after 100hours of playing it got repetitive and i got board

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  2. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    just go and get lost interest in games... i bet after few months you will jump on games even more...

3. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I do it all the time, thats when i hit the consoles and see what ive missed that side of things.

4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I'm waiting for Hearts of Iron 3... in the mean time I'm just drooling over the screens and after action reports on it's forums :||

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Why not go back in history and replay a game you loved with new mods?

When searching for Oscuros Oblivion overhaul i came across a reality mod he has done for Jedi Knight Academy. Gonna reinstall and have some fun with it. :D

Also i'm playing NOLF2 atm. Sorta makes you realize there's only 1 or 2 really good titles per year.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    nice negative way of looking at it. "good" games are an opinion.

7. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    I know, but I really enjoy his posts :D and he's right about some of it for sure.

:cheers: to you Peter Molyneux

8. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    uhmm you should definitely play left4dead. Even if it's not your favorite game, you can play it for a good while, and it will get you addicted. There's all those custom maps out for it now too, so hit those up. Prototype is definitely a good way to entertain yourself for hours. I've played the game for about 18 hours and i'm on the second to last mission. It's hard to get tired of destroying everything with different powers and stuff. You should definitely get it. Anyways, i've recently felt the same with the lack of new good games coming out. So i've been replaying COD4 and Gears of War. Try out Gears of War online. MP is really fun on PC.

9. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Did you play the MotB expansion for NWN2? IMO It had writing and characters that rivaled the old school classics like Baldur's Gate. All the opinion's I've heard of Drakensang have said it's a mediocre game.

OP said games from the last 4 months... but these are good games if we're expanding the time period.

Wow did I hit a nerve? You're right my opinion isn't fact, but neither is yours. I don't care if PR won awards; when I played it it was truly one of the worst mods that has ever been recommended to me.

OP can make up his own mind; I'm just giving some advice to help him decide.

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok lets say i wanna play oblivion again after about 1year or so of finishing it for like the 10thime lol, but i dont normally like to replay games over and over, so can you guys help me and list me the best of the best mods that will increase. the gfx / game play as much as possible to enhance the game

please help a desperate guy out

11. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    If you're tired of replaying Oblivion you could try Fallout 3 with mods. Personally I found Fallout 3 to be a lot more fun, and it has a large modding community just like TES series.

12. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Agreed. While most know that I'm not a huge Bethesda fan I must say that Fallout 3 was a much better experience for me than Oblivion.

13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i found fallout three boaring after a while but i suppose i could give it another shot, also help me out with oblivion

14. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    You have to be one of the happiest people ever. ;)

I would recommend:

FEAR2
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
    Company of Heroes

KILLING FLOOR!!!

Killing Floor is cheap and extremely fun. Some of us still play it together!

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all im installing drakensang as i type hoping its good, if its not i may have to cope with sacred2 and try to get back into it

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i enjoyed arma 2 a good bit, even with the horrible ai and squadmate problems and buggy campaign.

zeno clash i did not care for the formula but alot of people enjoyed that game.

mirrors edge, dunno if it counts for the 4 month window, and its not exactly an fps, but it is a pretty unique game in the genera.

prototype is not an fps at all but it is darn good fun till you get bored with it, beat the game get a trainer and it is great to blow off steam however.

mass effect is way outside the 4 month window but if you never played it is an awsome game and so much more an rpg than fallout 3, and mass effect 2 is due out what next year?

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Qarls texture pack 3 mod, it enhances most of the textures and is a must have imo. There are several other texture mods as well, such as flora and leaves...etc.

there are so many mods, many are great, but the problem is if you grab a bunch, some arent compatable and cause issues.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i got bored too, so i took the 19" from my office and hooked it up along with my 22" on my gaming rig, now im playing Grid all over again but its way more fun with 2 screens for the panoramic views( and in car view is actually playable with it ), just need a third screen now,grrrrr

19. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    lol, i hate to drop this bomb mate i have a 100" + 42" screens and i cant go any bigger, well i think so. but ive found a ok game just need to learn it, its called drakensang

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    100" tv???