The List your Medication thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slimpants99, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Mods don't close it....:)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Valium did not turn me into a zombie, infact i'm much more alert and energetic than many of my friends who aren't taking any drug, drinking and smoking, i can go 48 hours without sleep and still feel perfectly fine.

well theoretically Benzos make people drowsy, in reality this isn't the case for the vast majority unless they're on a highish dose (more than 10mg) and or their body is having a problem when interacting with the drug (side effect), so you shouldn't generalize mate, infact side effects could happend even with the common Asprin for the headache, some people become drowsy, get rebound headaches and a myriad of other crap, it all depends on how the drug interacts with the body.

Valium improved my quality of life and if i was a zombie i wouldn't be discussing here with you nor would be playing games etc, i would be in bed staring at walls seeing elephants flying all over the place lol :cool:

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    damb some of you guys are skipping your meds it seems lol

4. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Damn right. The amount of anti-depressants and prescription pills young people take over here is madness.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Was that in reference to me by chance?

6. slimpants99

slimpants99 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4870 X2
    was that meant to be scarcastic?

7. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Not directly but one of the people who takes quite the volley of pills yes. Its just I personally think its not healthy, im not saying you dont need them and maybe they are exactly what you need but in my country anti-depressants are a rare sight.

Dunno I just get worried when big interests decide we should all need pills.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No worries...

9. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Actually, singular is an asthma medication. :)

10. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Insulin, twice a day
    Vit.c 1000mg every other day
    Zinc, 15mg every other day

That's all.

11. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Prescription drugs kill people!

Funny you should ask; because although I started out with basic pain killers (that actually don't), for low back and leg pain, since '73, my doctor had loaded me up so much for the past few years that they definitely would have killed me if I had not taken myself off of most of them...had to taper 3 or 4 in the past few months. I wasn't eating (lost 30 lbs) or sleeping and I had thought disorders and memory loss (severe). Drugs alter brain chemistry and not in a good way. I'm just now trying to put my body and mind back together at 59!
    This is not a complete list; but you should know that many of these are containdicated (should NEVER be taken together).
    CESSAMET(which is supposed to be a SYNTHETIC form of THC; although it is NOTHING like it). I almost died from withdrawal; even while tapering off.
    CODEIN
    TYLENOL 3'S
    GABAPENTIN
    ZANAFLEX
    MIRTAZAPINE
    AMITRIPYLINE
    TRAZODONE
    LITHIUM
    TISANIDINE
    TOPIRIMATE
    BUSPIRONE
    CIPROFLOXACIN
    SUPEUDOL
    ATIVAN
    PARIET
    CELEBREX
    METHOPRAZINE
    CHOROPROMAZINE
    CONCERTA
    CLONAZEPAM
    DIAZEPAM
    All of these drugs were taken over the past 5 years or so, in different combinations. They're CNS depressants, CNS stimulants, Anti-psychotics, opiates, narcotics, muscle relaxants, mood elevators, etc. - yet they were all taken either for pain or to help me sleep. They did neither. The ones that were supposed to reduce anxiety actually amplified the anxiety. My heartrate has been up recently and with a treadmill ECG, it hit 185! :eek:
    I've taken myself off of everything but the codein and I got some valium from a local clinic to help me through this terrible time. Some of these drugs caused such severe reactions, such as sleep apnea that I had to discontinue immediately.
    The sad thing is that these days, drugs are "family physician's" answer to everything. Especially when they get paid huge sums for administering them. :knock:
    So; do I win the prize? :banana:

12. slimpants99

slimpants99 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4870 X2
    What's the Prize category?

13. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Dunno! Having the dumbest MD in the country loading me up with so many potent and dangerous pills that I can't even think straight enough to realize it? ;)
    I didn't even mention dosages. The gabapentin alone (normally anti-seizure medication) was 600mg X3, 3 times daily (5400mg).:bang:

14. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Gabapentin is good, helped me recover from a dire bout of cluster migraines :)

15. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    It helped with my pain for a while, but with the dosages and combined with the other meds, it started to take its toll. The first problem I noticed was severe constipation; plus that was made even worse with the other drugs in combination.
    BTW: just one of my many complaints (generally) was that I had severe headaches in the left frontal lobe region of my brain. I had a CAT scan and MRI which showed scare tissue 'in the left frontal lobe', which the doctors said was of no consequence! I always trust my own mind and body before any of these "professionals", who have also been misdiagnosing me for years.:bang:
    EX: I have been tensing my abdomen which caused severe abdominal pain for ~3 years, due to altered perceptions from the drugs and they were calling it everything from IBS to crohn's disease. :knock:
    Any patient who pays attention to his/her own bodily processes knows infinitely more than any medical professional. I've proven this over and over. I'm now getting back into my excercise regime and eating. Endorphins that are released in the brain are the best drug - bar none; and they're 100% natural - produced with rigorous excercise.:)
    I'm not out of the woods yet from all the damage the drugs have done, but I'm doing all that I can do for myself. I find the (speed bag) a great excercise, as well as being meditative. I was actually surprised today when a huge guy at the gym (looked as if he was a mixed martial artist - very tough) complimented me on my adeptness on the bag (I'm down to only 135lbs) - I was doing it blindfolded - no biggy...it's like riding a bicycle - easy to jump back into it. He couldn't believe I wasn't a fighter - I'm too old for that ****e! That was very cool! :supercool:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009

16. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Occasionally I hurt my back and the doctor prescribes about 40 vicodin, I usually use about 15 during my back pain, the other 25 I take after a long day of work. I enjoy them lol.

17. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    DAMN!!! More than me, of course I only listed ones I am currently taking. That many drugs f*cks you up though, don't it???

18. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    They literally almost killed me! Over the course of the past ~three years, I suffered with severe abdominal pain and nausea. I was lucky if I was eating 500 calories per day - even a sip of water would make me more nauseous; yet I had all these drugs in me. I had thought disorders, short term memory loss, loss of coordination, rage and I spent every minute just trying to deal with the pain. I had no motivation, desire or ambition. I think I took myself off the drugs just in time, as I was going downhill fast. Now, I'm just taking 6-8 codein pills per day to deal with the chronic low back and leg pain that I've had for decades and 'Melatonin' to help me sleep. Time will tell if the drugs have done any irrepairable damage. I've been testing my faculties with "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy" and I'm getting quite a few correct answers quickly; so there's still hope. ;) I haven't had to take any anti-nausea pills for a few weeks now and I'm eating and working out - even riding my bicycle ~20 miles a few times a week. I try to go faster and harder each time, but have to monitor my heart, as the drugs have caused it to seriously elevate. It is starting to slow down and the more I exercise, the better it will get. Oh, one more gift from those drugs was; my last blood test showed glucose at 15, which is borderline diabetes. I'm pretty sure it's just a false positive and a result of not eating and exercising.
    Another thing was, my eyesight was rapidly failing (stupid doctor calls it old age). It's about 50% better, now. Those drugs just messed me up in so many ways!:bang:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  19. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    For the naysayers, give RandyB some slack in advance, he's got experience you don't want.

20. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Thanks! I haven't read all the posts, but I know human nature and the way people think. I've just given the facts. ;)
    ...and you're absolutely right. No one should have to go what I went through. I'm just grateful that I was strong enough not to go back to the booze, which I've been off for almost 20 years (Sept. 9th).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.