Cat 9.7 is officially released today!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jul 22, 2009.

1. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Ok, sorry for everything (offtopic and mistakes). :bang: I was desinformed by various sources when I wrote thos posts. :pc1:
    I agree with the authenticity of the statent in the readme now. :stewpid:

2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Get back to discussing the drivers, please.

3. Ironjer

Ironjer Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD 295X2 CrossfireX
    I get BSOD while installing. Windows 7 Build 7100 64Bit anybody have this problem? Rollback to 8.63 090614 these worked just fine.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. gkovacs

gkovacs Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI 4850 Toxic
    CCC still freezes on Server

Although ATI seem to have rewritten CCC, the changes are only cosmetic: the bundle still fails to start on Windows Server 2008, which is a damn shame after 1.5 years of monthly releases.

The device manager uninstall (then scan for hw changes) trick still works though, so on Server systems CCC runs eventually, but after each driver update the procedure should be repeated.

Everything else seems fine and speedy on Vista/Server x64.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009

5. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Eh? I dual boot 2k8 and have never had an issue with CCC...

6. m.3ck

m.3ck Member

GPU:
    2x 4890 1GB CF
    Refresh rate stuck @59hz with these. The betas didnt do this. No other probs though :)

7. craziplaya21

craziplaya21 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 ACX
    Anyone getting an extremely low benchmark score on furmark 1.7 with cat9.7 compared to 9.6? My score doesn't even reach 4000 anymore on 1680x1050 no MSAA. Although, with 9.6, I was getting in the 5500+ range. Another strange thing is that Furmark isn't pushing the temperatures much anymore. Used to get around 68C with benchmark, now it is barely pushing 60C.

8. Bio Shock

Bio Shock Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6950
    the drivers wont install for me using the installer, first try i got the blue screen mentioned a few posts above me, second time the driver failed to install, as well as the 3rd time

i JUST now installed the win7 rtm. this was the very first thing i tried to install

i got the driver to install by forcing it using the have disk option in device manager, and one more thing i noticed, is the color saturation option is gone in this release (simliar to nvidias vibrance option) and that feature is a must for me. things look too dull without it

im going back to 9.6, to hell with this crap

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3199268&postcount=37

10. Bio Shock

Bio Shock Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6950
    hey thanks for that, man this new interface is garbage. digging for options in hidden menus is not the way to go ati, simplicity is key

i may still go back to 9.6, ill see how these run for a couple days

thanks again

edit: refresh rate also stuck at 59, but thats been the case with every driver ive used on win7 since 9.3 i think

11. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    for some reason my second gpu runs up to 10degrees hotter than first gpu with 9.7, even at idle.
    also i have no fan speed controll in overdrive since 9.6, last driver that had it was 9.5, not that it matters for me i use r.t.

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I like the new interface. It's very well organized and easy to use. Though it would be better if the separate sections weren't placed in a dropdown menu but horizontally in the same line as is the current drop down menu. And i miss the Crimson theme :p But oh well, you can't have everything.

13. CyberTronics

CyberTronics Active Member

GPU:
    4870 512mb 800/1000
    same here, i getting below 4k scores with furmark 1.7 and cat 9.7, but on 1.6.5 and 9.6 i was getting ~5400.

14. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Installed without issue. Oblivion seems to run a bit smoother but it could just be the locations I've been to.

15. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb

16. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Im getting white spots with crysis and performance way below what id expect this card to run crysis at.My gtx 260 runs crysis better.Some games fly and leave the gtx 260 for dead but others are slower.All i can think is crossfire doesn't work with some of my games.Dont like the new ccc much i have to say.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone tested Anno 1404 performance with these?

18. CyberTronics

CyberTronics Active Member

GPU:
    4870 512mb 800/1000
    on 9.6 and 9.7 i getting annoying lags in anno with my profile system, it's not because of low fps, it's like in far cry 2 dx10 on ati cards. Do you have the same? And textures sometimes loading very slow. :(

19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Since there are basically 6 versions of Windows in use, XP, Vista, Win7 and their x86/x64 derivatives it could be helpful if people listed which OS they are using when reporting problems or improvements.

20. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    it is not funny it is true go search some sites this driver is win 7 rtm driver

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/14767/1/