Bionic Commando

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Jun 1, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    What about renaming it to Bioshock.exe or UT3.exe or MassEffect.exe ?
    (It uses a similar lighting method doesn't it? deferred rendering or what it's called.)

After that brute forcing AA from the CCC menu might be possible.
    (NV users can probably use nHancer with similar AA compatibility on a custom profile.)

2. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    Does that really works, would it work with call of juarez to & ATI card if i rename it to bioshock or ut3.exe?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's not totally certain that it will work but what it does is that it thinks you are running this game (Like UT3 with UT3.exe) and ATI has a special compatibility thing for that profile which allows you to force AA and have it be used with the game, game engine isn't the same but it uses the same "Deferred renderer" lighting system so it's possible it will work.

Bit uncertain though there's also a Bionic Command.exe profile in the ATI driver dll files so you might lose a bit of performance compared to running the game with it's actual profile active. :)
    (You'll lose a bit of performance regardless though as you're trying to force AA, DX10 handles this a bit better as seen with Clear Sky and Gears of War.)

4. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ok!? I tried enable AA (using normal CP nvidia) but I don't work for my videocard (probably may not work for all geforce 8 or superior). :(

5. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    Good game, nice gameplay mechanics. Bad perfomance no crossfire support, forcing with ati xtension didin't help so a bit slowdown there and there. And annoying loading screens all the time, it really breaks the flow.

Still enjoying it though.

6. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    So no screens? Like to see some of ur guys screens!

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    finally more and more games use it, not surprisingly!

8. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    An idea for running it in DX10 might be to right click on the game icon in the
    Vista / Win7 Games Explorer, it might have a 'Run in DX10' switch.

9. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Haven't see 'Run in DX10' game icon :bang:

10. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    That's beacuase the game doesn't have an DX10 mode, although the producers siad that the final version will have one.

11. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
  12. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    One word. This game is freaking hard. Even on normal which is the lowest of three stages.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    that's 5 words....

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Actually, its 15 words to be precise.

15. lfc4eva

lfc4eva Member

GPU:
    8800GT @ 685/1700/1010
    Actually. It's 17.

16. jasonmvt

jasonmvt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    What is this bull****? Every single hands-on, preview, or interview where Grin talked about this game, they hyped up DX10 for the pc version. It was pretty much their sole focal point as to why the pc release would be better. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't the only way to get AA support for the game.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh dear... oh dear... no graphics options, no DX10 support, no AA option and not even a V-Sync on/off setting either... sounds like another lazy console port with little thought gone into how it could have been improved for the PC. If the developers were bigging up DX10 for this game then we were lied to and, is it me, or is anyone else getting sick and fed up of PC games with virtually no graphics options never mind basic stuff like V-Sync and AA.

Very poor IMO...

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way it's a long shot but I've got AA working in games that aren't supposed to support it, such as Viva Pinata for example, by using nHancer to set the AA compatibility flag to STALKER. That might be worth a try.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    honestly, if the game is good, looks good, plays good, and I can adjust settings through CCC in my case, I'm not bothered much if they don't give these options in the in game menu. Of course, this is not true of ALL games.. especially ones like crysis where settings are the difference between decent fps and sh*t fps, but still..
    And yes, at the end of the day console is making these companies more money, so I'm not suprised at all that they focus their efforts on making the game play right and sell on those platforms first.

Look at Prototype! That game has relitvely no posts in the technical issues part of Activision's forums for xbox or ps3, yet the PC side of it has thousands lol. Have they released a patch yet? nada, and its been out for a bit now..

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    my friend bought the game and he cursed the day he did, game was quite repetitive and boring and after a couple of level we just quit and uninstalled, he was willing to accept the graphics but it didn't help.

i went with him to the shop and he exchanged it for THE WITCHER, i've been telling him that it's a great game but he wasn't convinced until he played it today, now he's saying one of the best games ever. :D

so far so good, another converted.

as for me, i'll stick to the original 16 bit Bionic Commando lol