186.18 and GTA IV

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Killersjp, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Supersnake

Supersnake Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLI
    Am problem free on my 285X2 SLI playing GTA IV and 186.18

2. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280

And you find those mods where?

3. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    i've seen evidence to suggest otherwise.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i dont have links on hand but simply copy and paste each mod in google and you'll find it.
    the first person mod i know is at ..or was at least, at gta4mods.com

5. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    does anyone of you experience texture flickering e.g. on different parts of the houses and doors along the street? ... for example: ONLE (a part of) the roof of a house is full of texture flickering ...

can't get rid of it ... you??

6. loser7

loser7 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I have the same issue in GTA and Crysis and I have the same video card. I was just reading about this issue and someone else solved it by moving their computer and plugging it in to a different outlet. I am going to try this and see if it make a difference but know that you are not alone and its not a driver issue but your hardware probably isnt broken either.

You can stop the flickering by disabling multi-GPU mode but then you one are only using one GPU obviously but its still fast enough to play the games pretty well.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I tried this driver along time ago with gta4 and although its ok you will get better frame rates with a more modern driver.

8. loser7

loser7 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    There is no fix. Nvidia has actually been trying to kill this bug for a while but they cant seem to fix it. It was supposed to be fixed in the 257 driver but it was not. There is just nothing you can do about it other than disable multi GPU mode.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    My shadows are fudged up also. But I don't have SLI...
    Might be smart to take screenshots of the problem at its worst and see if we have the same thing.

EDIT:
    When I went to take some screenies I realized a problem, the shadows look bad only when the game is moving. But I think with the screens I have if you have the same problem you should be able to tell.

SETTINGS; Everything maxed cept for Shadows at "High" and view distance at 85.

My best screenshot from ground: look at the fronts of the walls in the near foreground (oxymoron?) When in game that the jagged shadows have a strobe effect to them.
    Just another example: look at the area of the wall where the trashcans are
    It is most evident from the sky looking down: Look at the coast line.
    Another skyview: again look at the coastline

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010