Anyone getting BSOD when booting up FUEL

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by atlas029, Jul 14, 2009.

1. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    Just got this game this morning i install it fine not prob. i then go to run the game and bam.....BSOD. i havent seen this in like 2yrs, so just to make sure i had somthing going on i run all my other games and get nothing all run just fine(grid,fc2,nba2k9fallout3,dawn of war,wow) So i put the dvd back in and run the game and bam BSOD....so am like i got a bad dvd. I take it back and exchange in for a new one...get back home reinstall the game then run it and get the BSOD. If any one call help please do.....

I7 920,asus p6t6 WS,6gigs ov pc3 12800, 1WD 80g(vista64ult.) 2.36g raptors raided(only for my games) 1 lg nh22ns30 dvd/rw drive,evga 295gtx+1

ps. did unistall nv.drv's 186.18 rebooted into safe mode ran drv.cleaner then rebooted and installed clean and still got the bsod.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game uses SecuROM I believe which may be the cause of your problem. The game (UK version) runs perfectly fine on my PC and I have a fairly similar setup to yours, hard drives aside.

You could perhaps try one of the NoDVD hacks to see if you can get the game running. If it does run then you can put it down to either a dodgy disc or the SecuROM protection. You can then get in touch with Codemasters and see if you can isolate why it is causing BSODs on your machine.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Does the BSOD say anything?

SecuDRV.sys for example (It's a made up name for SecuROM as a example.) or is it something like NV*.sys (NVIDIA) or something like that?

(Unless you haven't already turning of automatic restart might help you check what the screen says, unless it's just "generic problem" something, hehe.)

4. xcalibur+

xcalibur+ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4670 512 DDR3
    hmm.. yeah, you might be right. i get an error if i haven't overwrite the original SecuLauncher.exe, but no BSOD. mine uses Razor1911 crack that overwrite the original SecuLauncher.exe in the game folder.. after that, the game runs flawlessly..

5. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Lol, with me Fuel crashes when trying to bind ´e´ in the controls options.
    It runs great for the rest :)

6. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    Yes.....i get driver_irql_not_less_or_equal....also after the STOP theres a USBSTOR.SYS....XXXXX. Just did a total reinstall of of vista64 fresh install of all drivers(vid,chipset,update bios to 501,sound..ect) plus updated vista to sp2...downloaded the demo and it ran fine...

7. usmc500

usmc500 New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 295 1792 MB
    Fuel BSOD

When I installed and ran Fuel the first time, it was fine. No problems. Later, I checked to see if a new NVIDIA driver was available (I was using the 186.18 version). The 190.38 driver was posted, so I installed it. I checked to see if there was a Fuel SLI profile in the NVIDIA Control Panel (there wasn't). After that, I checked the EVGA site to see if there was an SLI profile for Fuel using the EVGA SLI Enhancement Patch. A new Fuel profile existed for the 190.38 driver version, so I installed that as well.

In the NVIDIA Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, on the Program Settings tab, I searched for a Fuel profile (Fuel was not listed). I clicked Add, then I searched for the Fuel.exe, and I added it. It was set for SLI (NVIDIA RECOMMENDED). When I tried to play Fuel, I got a BSOD. I went back into the NVIDIA Control Panel (Manage 3D Settings) and changed the Fuel profile to Single GPU. I ran Fuel and didn't get a BSOD. I played the game for about an hour or so, and quick back to the desktop. My two sons both played the game later that evening, both quitting to the desktop between sessions) without issues.

The next morning, I started Fuel and received a BSOD. I checked the NVIDIA driver (still 190.38), I checked the Fuel profile (still set to Single GPU). At this point I rolled the drivers back to 186.18, however I got another BSOD when I tried to run Fuel. I uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers completely and installed the 186.18 drivers again. Still no joy (BSOD again). The Fuel profile was still set to Single GPU. I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel again and turned off SLI completely ("do not use multi-gpu mode" setting); BSOD again.

I went into System Restore, I restored my PC back to a time about 30 minutes before the Fuel install. I checked the NVIDIA version, it was 186.18. I ran Fuel, no BSOD.

I looked at the FUEL ReadMe, and it reads "Unfortunately, due to the inner workings of FUEL™'s engine, systems which link two or more graphics cards (i.e. Crossfire or SLI) are not implicitly supported. This means you may not see a performance boost from having the second card, and you may even have trouble running the game. If FUEL™ is failing to start properly and your system is SLI or Crossfire enabled, try disabling the technology in either NVIDIA’s or ATI’s control panel in Windows and see if this helps."

Makes you wonder why EVGA would create an SLI profile for the game in the face of that note in the game's ReadMe.

I double-checked the SLI profile for Fuel and it reads "Single GPU" - and by doing a restore,I didn't have any of the EVGA SLI Enhancement stuff installed.

No BSOD - but who knows what tomorrow will bring. If I could, even though I like the game (and my son's love it) I'd return the game and forget the whole thing.

8. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    Nope no bsod for me,but i am so disappointed with the game bigest failure ever for me in the games industry, i had such expectations for it, never know a game so poor on every aspect.

9. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    i just installed the game few hours ago, using Razor1911 crack that overwrite the original SecuLauncher.exe in the game folder.. i´, not get bsod at all, bad the framerate is REALLY bad... so i belived like evybody here that is because is using only one of my gpus..

really sad.. we need a patch..